PDA

View Full Version : Maya: Adding second color per vertex

stoo
02-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi all,

The artists at work wish to be able to modify their prelit scenes by tweaking vertex colors. However, if they move a light or re-light the scene for whatever reason, they would like the color tweaks to remain intact.

To do this, I'd like to be able to store a second color per vertex (or even a "tweak" delta value). Although I can use the Maya UI to add a vector attribute per vertex, and can do a similar thing through script, I'd ideally like to do this in a plugin. I also need some way of altering the rendered vertex color based on this extra tweak color.

Well, I hope that makes sense to someone, and thanks for any ideas you can chuck this way.

cheers,
stoo

playmesumch00ns
02-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Look up blind data and dynamic attributes in the developer giude, and there's more than one source code example in the dev kit. Basically the plug-in version of what you can do with MEL AFAIK

stoo
02-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look through the dynamic attribute and blind data documentation, and played around with the blind*DataCmd examples. I can happily add a new attribute per node, but am having trouble actually adding the data per vertex. Is there something obvious I'm missing (normally there is)?

Thanks,
stoo

playmesumch00ns
02-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Well for per-vertex stuff I guess you just add an array attribute with the same number of elements as vertices...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.