PDA

View Full Version : Director Lingo Question

cyphyr
02-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi gang
I dont think this can be too hard; I'm trying to launch an external browser window from a Director movie without any menu bar or navigation buttons on it, just a plain blank window with a "close window" button at the bottom of the window contents. I can do this easly in Java script embeded in html but how do I do it in lingo? I've looked round the Director forums to no avail so I thought I'd ask here.
Thanks in advance
Cyphyr

singularity2006
02-09-2004, 06:54 AM
I do not recall since it has been at least 3 years since I last did a Director movie.... but I do recall being able to open a blank window as u describe just fine. It required no lingo at all. What you do is something along the lines of importing a blank html file as a sprite and pop it in on the last frame.... at least, that's my understanding of what I can vaguely recall. But yes, there is a way of doing it without lingo.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.