PDA

View Full Version : Softimage ZPIC in Composite

[GFS]snoopy
06-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Hi,

how and in which program may I read Softimage ZPICs e.g. to add depth of field in post or desaturate the background. I've tried to use FX Tree, but I can't get exakt and clear results (seems to read ZPIC as Alpha mask for blur). Can combustion, AE or Shake read and use ZPICs? How about Avid DS?

Thanks

snoopy

Atyss
06-28-2002, 01:38 PM
After Effects works for sure. Just put the zpics in the same folder as the corresponding pics, and that's it, AE will read the zpics if you apply a 3D effect like Depth of field.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

macoy
06-28-2002, 09:12 PM
theres a little tool to conver zpic to normal pics so every package can read it. try to find it on softimage online library;)

Atyss
06-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by macoy
theres a little tool to conver zpic to normal pics so every package can read it. try to find it on softimage online library;)

Unfortunately this kind of conversion doesn't create good files, because the zpic itself is not anti-aliased. So the resulting image is not an anti-aliased image. I suggest that you create a depth pass instead.

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

macoy
06-28-2002, 09:18 PM
depth pass is a better choice:D (never tried zpic, so didnt know it is not anti-aliased:p )

Atyss
06-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by macoy
depth pass is a better choice:D (never tried zpic, so didnt know it is not anti-aliased:p )

I did, and for some simple things it's ok, but for more complex stuff (like applying dof on semi-transparent objects) it's a real nightmare! :D

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Felixx
06-29-2002, 11:48 AM
Sehr geehrter Mithauptstädter :bowdown:

for desaturating the background you may want to use a rendertree like shown in the attached pic.

arvid
06-30-2002, 10:14 PM
hehe I love the handdrawn renderregion :applause:

You can import ZPIC sequences into the FXTree, it'll create a matte-sort-of-image for regular use, you could just plug that into a file-out node and render it to a file if you want to use it for composite in another app, dunno about the results tho, but I think its Ok :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.