PDA

View Full Version : Making menu's

Iysun
02-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Im wondering how to make drop down menus in PS/IR. Like when you move your mouse over the button, a few more buttons will drop down that you can choose, CLick here for example (http://www.absolutecross.com/) see How the submenus come out from the main menu on mouse over

anyone have a tutorial on this? cant find anything except for flash

Ian Jones
02-03-2004, 03:53 AM
That's a javascript menu. Prepare to get your hands dirty, its time for coding...

Search for javascript tutes or free code.

Iysun
02-03-2004, 07:06 AM
thanks for the info, i was sorta thinking that was gonna be the case :wise:

Xealph
02-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I want the same on my site, and my bro can do it, so when I find out, I try let you know....

also, this can do it:
http://www.a1javascripts.com/dhtml/site_navigation/dropmenu/dropmenu.html#

It's called drop down. I just rather have my bro make one, hehe... and yee, its a javascript.

dg
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi,

You could use Dreamweaver for that without having to mess with JS, you only need a layer and a bunch of pre made behaviors atached to it. Or you could also download some Dreamweaver extension that will solve your problem in a blink ;)

And since JS is client side there is always the "frankstein" code option, simply right click the page with the drop down menu that you want and choose view source, then you can copy and adapt the JS (between the <script></script> tags) for your needs in a application like GoLive or Dreamweaver.

Hope this helps.

See ya!
dg

triad
02-09-2004, 04:53 AM
Drop downs are really easy once you get the basic idea behind it.

You will need to understand the basics of JS coding, and a bit about CSS. Basically all you are doing is putting the pop up menu in a specific position (defined by the CSS), and making it invisible. Then you code in an onMouseOver effect (Javascript), that makes the menu visible when the mouse is in a certain spot (ie the button). The menus are all there all the time, just not visible.

Learn the basic syntax of JScript and its cake from there.

Iysun
02-11-2004, 08:08 AM
i acualy decided to go a differnt route, but thanks for the info, makes sence now

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.