PDA

View Full Version : character: WIP on TRINITY:-MATRIX

MajesticSan
02-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi folks... need some comments back on a game character version of Trinity that I've been working on for a while now.

All done in Maya 5 and Photoshop 7

http://www.r-mitchell-artworks.co.uk/WIP/Trinity.htm

Cheers

Supervlieg
02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
It looks like trinity allright. But you need more work on the upper body. It needs to be more feminen

MajesticSan
02-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks... yes that does help... just need to fit it in to my schedule.

Cheers.

commy
02-02-2004, 09:02 PM
looks like her neck has a kink in it, it doesnt look like a natural position at all, also her face doesnt seme to be the right shape the 3/4 views show up the model

Beaneh
02-02-2004, 10:35 PM
The porportions are kinda wicked, don't know if you intended it that way, anyways. her ears are too big imo, and I don't know what you used to paint the skin texture (looks like you used a photo for the latex?) but the muscle definition looks -horrid- looks like just a line, you should define em with more thiker/smoother lines instead of sharp/small ones.

MajesticSan
02-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Ok.. yes I've taken on board the texture comments... thanks for pointing them out.. hence work in progress... I did intend here to have the comic book look, you know slender waist, fuller chest. I'll be adding more to her throughout February also need to make her Ducatti bike as well.

Thanks for the comments... keep 'em comming' don't worry I'm thick skinned and this is my first model in Maya5 since I left max behind. Only took 3 months to learn Maya.

Cheers

AdamAtomic
02-02-2004, 10:58 PM
to put it bluntly, the proportions look ridiculous :/ With the realistic approach to the textures, it looks more like a malformed model, rather than a stylized one. It is nearly impossible to stylize/deform your geometry, maintain a realistic texturing approach, and have the character still look good. I would encourage you to pick one or the other - a realistic body type, or a stylized texture. You're more likely to end up with a model that you're pleased with that way.

Buck
02-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok, here goes...

- IMO the glasses are a tad too big
- Her arms, or atleast the shoulders looks too masculine, i think you should tone them down a bit
- Her waist i too high (atleast the pants seems to be too far up)
- And her thighs...wow. HUGE. Trinity was a very fit women and she didnt have as thick/big thighs (or ass) like you model.

Hope to see some improvement! This could be great model :) Hope i wasnt to harsch...

MajesticSan
02-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks... those are the comments I was looking for... interesting enough a colleague said the same thing...

Alot of folks really need to look at the title of this forum group... it says Work in progress.. being a game industry vet myself I know that sometimes you get comments which are cleary not helpfull, Buck yours were so cheers for that...

I'm proceeding with more amendments and stuff to this model and I will be using your comments. Thanks Buck...

Interesting but slightly controversial is that the a person from Europe has been more constructive in his comments than any other... interesting..[B]

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.