PDA

View Full Version : 3 Flash Character Designs

d_hansbury
02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I had drew and the rebuilt in Flash. I'm doing a short animation for a class I'm taking in my spare time here at AiPH. They are basically dorks who will be arguing about such topics as: Darth Vadar vs Megatron, Street Fighter vs DragonBallZ, etc.

I wanted to get some feedback about what you like/dislike. Although I feel comfortable with them now I have no problem changing them due to constructive critique.

http://vagrantaesthetic.com/dhdigital/3kids.jpg

Ian Jones
02-02-2004, 11:59 PM
They are great! Good work. You could vary the skintones a bit. Everyone has a different skin colour so it will help to make them look more like individuals if one of them is slightly darker, or whatever. What about rosy cheeks for the fat one? One more thing... the one in black looks the least geeky. I hope that helps.

Good luck with your anim.

d_hansbury
02-03-2004, 01:22 AM
They will either look to plastic-like and washed out or weird and muddy. I'm going to mess with the fat kid's first because he intersects both of them.

The kid in black does look the least geeky, but the kids in my school who wear mismatched blacks and sneakers are usually the worst.

I have to find a mic or something so I can record on my Mac. Until then I have no way to import their voices, so that will put that part of the project on hold for a little bit. I'm going to start drawing the basic mouth shapes and arm movements so they are at least ready.

Thanks for the comment, I'll post the newer one once it's updated.

d_hansbury
02-06-2004, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure if it's enough, but messing with the colors too much starts to make them look native american or albino...not that there is anything wrong with those two skin types, it just wouldn't fit my characters.

http://vagrantaesthetic.com/dhdigital/3kids2.jpg

Ian Jones
02-06-2004, 04:22 AM
The changes in skin colour are good enough... better than making it look too weird.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.