PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in air ?!?

Magius
02-02-2004, 03:24 PM
hello..

I saw the other day a showreel for a company called "The Mill", in one of their showreels there is a girls that "swims" in the air... ?!??!!

anybody knows what's the trick ? how it's done ? which software (flame?) ?

thanks in advance for you time and help!.

GrantKay
02-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi,

The person can be held up with wires in front of a blue screen.

They most likely used combustion to paint out all the wires then keyed the image to remove the blue screen and replace the background.

This was probably finished in flame.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

MayaV
02-02-2004, 07:43 PM
hi

thanx for that grant. Also in last few bond movies similar effects have been given and it is quite simple as grant said also u can use some more layers of shooted underwater and caustics to make it look more realistic and some displacement operators also to give your footage perfect effect.

MayaV

Magius
02-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Thank you again for you time... i just wanted to ask something else... there another shot, where a boy throws a ball to his dog.. and the dog jumps in the air and catches it... all under water.. very very realistic.. did they "paint" the water bubbles and all that ? or there is some kind of a technique ? a plugin maybe ?

thanks again for your replies...

dg
02-05-2004, 02:28 AM
I didn't saw the ad you are talking about, it sounds like particles to me, but there are several plugins avaliable on the market to do that.

See ya!
dg

pixeldaddy
11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey, I've also seen the above mentioned MILL shot.. and i would say that i don't think there's any wirework involved in the diving woman.. rather a brilliant piece of rotowork and a whole lotta cloning out airbubbles going on. As for the dog catching the tennisball that's a particle job for sure.. but amazingly well done of such. The dry for wet and vice versa effect is mindblowing.. used to be in the MILL 2003 reel, dunno if it's been taken out.
If I'm wrong about the rototheory i'd appreciate some feedback..

diogo girondo :"I didn't saw the ad you are talking about, it sounds like particles to me, but there are several plugins avaliable on the market to do that."

What plugins are that ? I'd love to know :)

Otto

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.