PDA

View Full Version : Blender 2.32 is about to come out !!!

Apollux
02-01-2004, 02:52 PM
This was posted by Ton yesterday, at 18:32:01 on the BF-Mail list.

Hi,

All is committed in sources tree now. So let the compile machines
running!
Last thing, still todo, is the release notes, which should be in the
release dir as well. So wait with 'make release' until this has been
committed as well.

Plus there's a last issue with python modules... stay tuned!

-TON-

So, maybe as soon as today we will have a brand new 2.32 .. the main features are likely lo be the Traces in-line raytracing engine and the integration with Yafray, the externatl GI ray-tracing engine.

:bounce:

Apollux
02-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Just checked the CVS directories and the version number was officially changed to 2.32 26 hours ago!!!

Excitement Levels rising into dagerous levels !!!!!
:wip: :beer:

dreamsgate
02-01-2004, 04:40 PM
ooooh, ooooh, that means the manual should ship soon too. I can't wait.

djcapelis
02-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Might want to edit that top and change the name to Ton... I mean Toon is cool and all, but ;)

Also, the full changelog is available here:
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/release/text/release_232.txt?cvsroot=bf-blender

The IRIX version is already compiled and ready to go.

Apollux
02-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:39:05 +0100

Hi,

The extreme long release log is committed (and its not half what I
wanted to write! But html stuff with images is being worked on
tomorrow).

So let the compile machines rumble and roar. Just, as usual, tell me
where to pick it up. Thanks!!

-Ton-

It is happening as I write this lines :eek:

I even took a peek on the (by that time) incomplete splash screen

MrEnigma
02-02-2004, 08:06 AM
I'll soon be able to clear all these CVS builds off my drive. I don't expect we'll get the manual until late February, or perhaps early March, though.

Apollux
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
HO HO HO .. It is here!!

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=110&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

The release notes are too long to copy over here, so just a concentrate:
we now have raytracing, soft shadows, area light, mesh beveling, displacement mapping, python import/export menus, and... Yafray integrated support!

Polou
02-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Hi
I'm a bit confused with v2.32.
Is Yafray already in or is it just the export to Yafray?
Thanks

Apollux
02-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Yafray and Blender are 2 different programs (and you have to install both).. what B2.32 has is a direct way of talking with Yafray without you needing to use aditional scripts/converters. Just the way Wings3D has been using Yafray since a long time.

However.. For almost everything that Yafray supports, it has a lot more options and detail than those in Blender, so when you export from Blender using the new direct link, those options that are in Yafray but not in Blender get their default value. You can set some global Yafray options from within Blender.. but it is not the same feel.

In a nutshell, don't erase your old copy of Bagias/Yable/Extractor.. they are still usefull for fine-tunning your renders.

The way the direct link works now, is that when you press RENDER a XML is created on your temporary directory, and then THAT xml is passed to Yafray. The good thing is that after the render is done the xml is not erased, so you can open it with any of the more advanced Yafray's interface and fine tune things from it.

Polou
02-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanks Apollux, now it's clear.
Have a nice day.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.