PDA

View Full Version : The gecko is alive !

NicoDN
01-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Not exactly Flash, but Director thread.
I recently put my porfolio online. I realised the site with Director, which is really a perfect software for web development. I fall in love with it...
I'm looking for crits, and I really need them, not on my creations, but on the site itself. Guys, I count pn your participation !

http://nicodn.fin-igs.com

Anothr thing : what about a sub-forum on Director creations in this ?

dez
02-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Hi NicoDN,

Your Portfolio site looks great, especially the portfolio section, however your site loads too long, it took me about 10 or so minutes. I don't know anything about Macromedia Director, but if it is capable.. how about coding your works to preload when the visitor clicks the links to your work, rather than loading the whole thing at once (work + content/ whole site). I mean, as your works grow, it will eventually load longer and longer.

Thats the only major complaint I have, other than that.. the site looks great. I'd like to add that you have some great work in your portfolio. =)

cheers.
Dez.

demarts
02-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Hello NicoDN,

Besides the fact that you enjoy more developing this site in Director I donít see any other advantage in using it.
As dez said the loading time is a bit long and if the user have to download the shockwave player it takes even more time to see your site.
In that sense I think that if youíre using shockwave Director you could (should) improve more technically.
Thereís nothing there that couldnít be done with in a simple html site and loading ten times faster.
Anyway I suppose you thought about this before you choose using Director.

Your site is pretty simple and clear, easy to understand and navigate and with interesting content.

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.