PDA

View Full Version : Opening Multiple Files as Multiple Layers

RoboRage
01-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Under PS 5.5
I create a New File.
Do a File > Open
Select 3 files click Open they all open in separate windows.
I can drag each of the opened files to the new file and a new layer is created for each file.

Is there a way to do an file open or import so I can select multiple files and have each selected file automatically open as a new layer in the new file? So I can skip the drag and drop step.

I don't have any options under File > Import for importing files, only scanned images. Is that correct or is something not set right?

All replies appreciated.

halo
01-31-2004, 10:03 PM
"open" opens files of most types, import is for more esoteric import functions like scanning etc.

the answer to your other question is no.

DangerousCliff
09-20-2005, 08:56 PM
any updates to this question since cs2?

i can save layers out to multible files, which is handy, but i also want to go the oppisite direction. open multiple images into one PSD as layers, w/o the "select image, ctl+a, ctl+c, select psd, ctl+v" steps.

berniebernie
09-22-2005, 08:10 AM
any updates to this question since cs2?

i can save layers out to multible files, which is handy, but i also want to go the oppisite direction. open multiple images into one PSD as layers, w/o the "select image, ctl+a, ctl+c, select psd, ctl+v" steps.

As the save to layers is a Photoshop script (made with javascript, easily modified), I'm 100% sure your wish could be granted by scripting, although you'd have to write the code from scratch, most probably

in any case, ask your question over at http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2005, 08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.