PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Gun tutorial

Sutten
01-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, to show you all how much of a newbie I am, I think I'll need some help on something I assume is very basic.

This tutorial here:
http://psychokillax.tripod.com/html/weaponmodeling.html

When it talks about modeling the indentations along the clip- it says I should "move these Control Points around until it meets the curve of those in the reference image."

I tried, but it looks very wierd. How do I know which points to move? Am I right using the "select and move" tool?

Any input and general insight is apprechiated.

Sutten
01-31-2004, 09:34 PM
...well, I solved it by selecting the points as groups instead of individually. :blush:

but... now it says to do the same thing on the other side as well.
Since there is no reference picture on the "other side", is eyeballing the only option?

bullethead
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Well...yes and no. If they are telling you to do the same thing to the other side then make that side look like you did to the other side...hope that makes sense. Ok take this for example....You have a vertical stick..ok...now a tutorial tells you too add another stick on one half of the vertical stick horizontally...then they tell you to do the same thing on the other side...well there isnt a refernce pic for that side...but commen sense should tell you to do what you did previously.

Sutten
02-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Of course. My point is that, the three bars I should add on the non referenced side, should correspond placementwise exactly with the referenced sides' three bars, and since there is no ref on that side (even though it should look identical), there doesn't seem to be a way to match them properly.

Ie: I don't know how to repeat exactly what I did on one side, since I have no reference. So I guess I was looking for some way to mirror the ref or the action in some way.

Sutten
02-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Heh. I figured it out on my own now... I was thinking to much. Sorry about that.

New problem though. The tutorial speak of ChamferBox towards the end. I use gMax, and I can't find that feature there? Is there a way to achive the same result in gMax?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.