PDA

View Full Version : Remove outline

DrQuincy
01-31-2004, 04:03 PM
I've been rendering different parts of my 3ds max scene seperatly to TGA files with the idea of compositing them in Photoshop.

However when I composite each render I get a white outline around the top layer (see attachment)

The attachment is small but if you look at the black parts closely you will see a distinctive white line around it that shouldn't be there.

I've tried using the Colour Range tool in Photoshop but that didn't work!

Any suggestions?

name
01-31-2004, 05:08 PM
can you post a larger attachment please...I can't even see what's going on there :).

name
01-31-2004, 05:14 PM
I'll just guess anyway...i haven't used a TGA file for a long time. I use Tiff, in my opinion a better looking format, completely lossless, not sure if tga is or not. Anyway...what I do when I take a render into Photoshop and i know I don't need the bg of the render..I just want the object...I double click the layer in the layers palette first and name it...this is important...don't forget to name it...that might be whats causing your problem...then I go to the channels palette and ctrl click the alpha channel...then select inverse and hit delete. That gets rid of everything but the render with no white border at all...very clean...you can also use that selection and mask out the background but I never bother with that since I know I don't want it already...hopefully that helps out some.

bumskee
01-31-2004, 10:45 PM
I don't really know much about 3d stuff, but last time I saved it as .png file and them used them in PS. give that a go, tiff sounds like a good alternative too..

dg
01-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Try to add a mask to your layer, this might solve your problem.
Ctrl+Click in your layer (already transparent) and click the button mask, then check if this white borders are gone.

And I bigger image would be nice to be able to see whats really happening.

Hope this helps.

See ya,
dg

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.