PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 5: (Jashugan) : (FFIV-DarkKnight Cecil)

Jashugan
01-31-2004, 05:36 AM
I choose DarkKnight Cecil from Final Fantasy IV. Seeing modeling_man's Kain really made me want to join in, even if i am a bit late. Anywho, since i am starting late i'm gonna kinda design as i go along. Here's what i have so far-

http://jashugan.homestead.com/files/DKCecilPost00.jpg

I'm gonna try and get it done before the deadline, but if i don't, i'll still finish it and post it later.
Any and all comments are welcome.

Zieroth
01-31-2004, 05:46 AM
That is a really awesome concept. Even if you don't make the deadline, you must finish him! Be a damn shame to let it go to waste.

Confracto
01-31-2004, 05:52 AM
...yeah, I'd have to agree, finish him, no matter what, that's a pretty neat design so far.

Teknobabel
01-31-2004, 08:56 PM
That's awesome, I'm doing the Paladin version of Cecil! My threads buried pretty far down, but I'll post a new WIP pic monday. I'm in the middle of texturing him.
Hope the model turns out as bad ass as the concept!

modeling-man
02-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Hey Jeff.
Great paint job so far. I agree, finish it. No matter what it takes.
I just finished doing the uv's on my model...I had an art test just last week to finish up for a game company...so I should be dropping more time into Kain.
Are you planning to recreate Cecil exactly as he was in FFII? Or do you plan on changing anything? So far the concept seems to stay pretty true to the FFII version. If your modeling is as impressive as your concept so far the results should be sweet.

Keep us posted.
B

jfalconer
02-03-2004, 10:48 PM
That concept is gorgeous... can't wait to see the model!

Lost_in_spajS
02-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Any news on this Guy?.. i Just loved the Concept and dont want 2 see this Getting Canned =).. Get back 2 work on this ASAP ;)..

dreamernight
02-05-2004, 03:51 PM
this is dame so cool .... can't wait to see it in 3D ...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.