PDA

View Full Version : Wrap Deformer?

nottoshabi
01-30-2004, 11:44 PM
I have a problem with my wrap deformer. It explodes when I make a fist. I have mest aorund with the Max Distance and the Weight Threshold. The wrap works fine for the rest of the body, is just the fingers that go nuts when I close the fist. Any one have any ideas?

djx
02-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Have a look at the extra attributes that got added to the influence object when you created the wrap deformer. There should be one called "influence type". If this is set to "2" then you get "face influence", but that can lead to the problem you describe, when the vertices of the influence object get too close together, which makes the facets too small to work properly. If you set "influence type" to 1 then you get "point influence" which seems to work properly in these situations (and is suited to when you have a 1 to 1 correspondance between the points in the influence object and the one being deformed).

WFinlay
02-06-2004, 06:46 PM
If you are using blendshapes with the wrap deformer this thread may contain a clue: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119805&highlight=exploding

nottoshabi
02-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys for all the replys. The problem was solved by pulling back the influence objects that were pointing thru the geometry.
That was causing the explosion.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.