PDA

View Full Version : get rid of pink

lebada
01-30-2004, 11:10 PM
just moved from paint shop pro to photoshop..and all the colors i see are pink or black.

i tried changing them and the whole cymk and rgb thing, but it doesnt want to work...

how can i change it so it displays the full spectrum of colors?

Primitive
01-30-2004, 11:59 PM
In the toolbar right below the colorswatches you got two buttons.
The right one is probably selected, it's a black rectangle with a white circle in it. Select the one next to it.

Or you could just press Q.

lebada
01-31-2004, 12:31 AM
hmm...no..its not that..i did as u said..

lemme see...

EVERYTHING is pink..lol..like everything related to color is a shade of pink and lastly just pure black.

i went to custom colors...its the same thing all over again

the same thing with patterns...all pink and black..

i went into the browser too..and pics were in pink and black...

lol..i like pink but its wayyy too much of it around:cool: :shrug:

nooysters
01-31-2004, 10:41 AM
are you sure your not in duotones or something. maybe your in web colors and have a pink one selected. try deleting your prefs.

halo
01-31-2004, 12:48 PM
sounds like a bad monitor profile to me

http://computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm

http://computer-darkroom.com/ps8-colour/ps8_1.htm

photoshop is a colour management aware application, which means everything it displays uses a monitor profile as a basis, if thats wrong then everything looks wrong, but because other applications arent CM aware images look fine in them.

lebada
01-31-2004, 01:08 PM
yeah..it did say something about my monitor profile...but how can i fix that?

lebada
01-31-2004, 01:18 PM
okay..i used adobe gamma and now it looks like its okay...

altho i see some "ridgidy" lines in the colors...line they're not all fine..but at least i have the whole color spectrum now.

thanx for the help:thumbsup:

TheWriter
01-31-2004, 01:50 PM
This pink problem is a common problem. Even if you have correctly configured everything it tends to crop up once in a while. Either trash all the set-up/configs, or re-install and it usually will go away. Until it crops up again.

halo
01-31-2004, 04:31 PM
are you talking about posterisation? like bands of colour with sharp changes in the colours your colour picker on the left?

perhaps check your gfx card isnt jusr displaying just 32000 colours instead of the full 16 million :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.