PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Photoshop7 have an actual undo/redo button???

Ectoplasm
01-30-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't know, maybe I've overlooked an option with PS7, but I've been using Fireworks MX for a while and it has those buttons on the palette... Makes things A LOT easier when working on a project with a mouse.. No need to go from the mouse to the keyboard and back and forth... Or go up to the menu and choose undo which covers 1/3 of the screen and you can't see half the time what you're undoing... Both programs have very similar features and I'm surprised PS7 doesn't include this button.

name
01-31-2004, 07:41 AM
Hotkeys are faster than than moving your mouse all the way over to the palette every five seconds...if you like doing that then edit...undo isn't far away.Also I'm sure you have two hands :) so you're not really going from mouse to keyboard...more like armrest to keyboard.

Also you can undo from the history palette which is quick if you wanna step back numerous steps for some reason.You can undo one or as many steps as you have defined in your prefs with one click.

ArtisticVisions
01-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Ctrl+Z.

Xealph
01-31-2004, 06:01 PM
I have always liked buttons. But when you get to know hotkeys, theyre much faster and easier. But a lot hotkeys can be difficult to remember in the beginning.

Undo the previous done = Ctrl + Z
Keep undo'ing = Ctrl + Alt + Z

:)

name
01-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by ArtisticVisions
Ctrl+Z.

Pretty sure he knew that...he was asking if there was a button for it in the toolbar or somewhere else.

dg
01-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Go to your PS preferences and change the ctrl+Z toggles redo undo for ctrl+shift+Z, this way ctrl+Z will undo and ctrl+Shift+Z will Redo.

And if you want to use just the mouse use the Histoty palette.

Hope this helps.

See ya,
dg

ArtisticVisions
01-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by name
Pretty sure he knew that...he was asking if there was a button for it in the toolbar or somewhere else.
Yeah, but why would you want a button when it's much quicker to use a keyboard shortcut?

name
02-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by ArtisticVisions
Yeah, but why would you want a button when it's much quicker to use a keyboard shortcut?

I'm not saying I wanted a button...just saying he was asking if there was one because that is what he is used to.And that's exactly what I said..that it's much quicker to just use the hotkeys anyway...:)

Cameo
02-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Yea Ctrl+Z is pretty useless in PS. I don't know why they dont just do away with it since I imagine most people use Ctrl+Alt+Z anyway (so ditch the 1 undo and change the undo history shortcut to Ctrl+z). Well thats what I would do if it were my decision anyway :P

MasonDoran
02-02-2004, 03:17 PM
-ctrl+z-

coming form the old school pshop....it was very common to toggle the undo to see if u liked an effect or what not....which is probably why they left it the way it was

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.