PDA

View Full Version : Setup pen pressure to control the Opacity?

eYadNesS
01-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi,
Always I'm drawing my arts using Painter (I'm drawing using tablet "wacom")...

In Painter the pen pressure control the Opacity for the brush, but in Photoshop the pen pressure control the Size of the pen...
So how I can setup Photoshop to make the pen pressure control the Opacity of the brush?

Thanks very much

bumskee
01-30-2004, 12:08 PM
well photoshop brush is a lil bit limited compared to painter, yes painter has huge range of brush and very much handy. Now in PS oyu can control opcaity with pressure, but it doesn't work like painter. if you are using version 7 and above, (not sure if this has changed in PS8) you will find this setting in other dynamics in brush pallette. But it won't be what you expect. The brush, let's say default hard round, won't be smooth as in painter, it will render series of round circles with opacity relative to the pressure, won't be smooth storkes like in painter.

you will know what I mean once you do try this. unless you paint pick a tiny pixel brush.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.