PDA

View Full Version : Char - Timedeamon

Prs-Phil
01-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Well I decided that the contest at polycount is rather that what I would like to do (I love fantasy monsters :D) but I would still like to share it with you guys and get some feedback.

I know Im not very good at drawing but here is the concept

http://www.pu-art.com/polycomp_concept.jpg

and here is the current WIP (still alot of room for optimisation)

http://www.pu-art.com/polycomp_2.jpg

:)

JonasNoell
01-30-2004, 11:04 AM
I dunno what a timedeamon exactly is but imho it looks like a good starting point. I look forward what you will do with the eyes because on the sketch they look rather special. Hope you will finish this one this time (including texturing, the old story ;) )

Prs-Phil
01-30-2004, 02:21 PM
thx m8 ..

yeah I know what you mean, I think it will be a neverending story ;) (no really, this time I will try, I promise)

To the idea:

Its based a bit on greek mythology. This is the "Timedeamon" - Dave . He has a big needle with wich he is able to mainpulate the fabric of time.
He existed before time was spun by his evil master that used the time to make all existance come to an end.
His master didnt have enough power himself to create time so he created Dave for that he watches over time, because to finally create time his evil master had to use himself as part of time.

But Dave didnt really forfill the wish of his master. He began to rule time by himself, spinning new parts of time and cutting of old parts with his right sisorhand, keeping existance going on and letting it renew itsself and keeping his old master trapped in time for ever.

SammyB
01-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Sounds good man, keep us updated.

Ancient-Pig
01-31-2004, 08:58 PM
I really dig the concept and explanation, however, one thing thats really bothering me is the needle he is using.

Make it more of a fantastical object, instead of just a humongous sewing needle. You could still get that message across that its a sewing needle, but still have it more interesting.

And maybe 3 toes on the feet?

Keep us posted.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.