PDA

View Full Version : Please test this for me

Odrakir
01-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Please test this for me
This is something I'm doing using moose and some javascript code so the fla always fills the screen, not growing up things.

I'm not sure if this can be seen on any browser, so I'd be thankfull if many people trys it out and tells me if it works or if it doesn't

MEIRAT (http://www.meirat.com/)

By the way, there's no english version (is the same as spanish) yet. And only the first of the three menu options works for now.

Thanks in advance.

Odrakir.

Anm8
02-25-2004, 11:17 PM
did not work for me!

Sentenza
02-26-2004, 12:20 AM
For me the things worked ... i guess !

Odrakir
02-26-2004, 11:03 AM
eerrr.... Could you be a little more specific?

Thanks, Odrakir.

polyplay
02-26-2004, 08:09 PM
worked for me. nice design!

oh yea, I'm using firefox.

Odrakir
02-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks.

The second option in the menu is working now too. You can go on and test it if you like. MEIRAT (http://www.meirat.com)

Odrakir.

demarts
02-27-2004, 07:09 PM
The interface concept, mainly the “Meirat” section is very good. The adjustment of positions is very well done.

But when I’m at the “Meirat” section it doesn’t always work properly in my computer.
If I’m in some section (ex: “abrecartas”) and choose another section (ex: sujeta libros”) and pick an image what appears is a wrong image.
Usually appears the previous image of the previous section instead of the new one. And if I click very fast between then, the problem happens again.

I’m using win98se.
My Internet connection doesn’t always flow well.

3dJessy
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
In the very first page where you say, "ESTE SITIO REQUIERE FLASH" make "FLASH" a link to the Get Flash Player Site,
or put that link in somewhere for those who don't have Flash Player.

After entering the site, in "La otra forma de trabajo"
I like how it takes up the whole screen and THANK YOU for not making things grow, that is crucial for me.
Ok, the thumbnails are too small, they give me little or no idea of what the link contains.
They turn darker grey after clicking them, that is good.
Under the image that comes up in the center, you have some links, "1,2,3..." that links to other related products,
I would leave "1" highlited, meaning that the first image that appears is "1", and when image "2" is showing, I
would leave the "2" highlited, and so forth.
I don't think I like the fast blinking on rollover very much, it makes me nervous.
You Definitely need a link back to where you choose: "la otra forma de trabajar, meirat otros mundos, and el papel echo a mano"
"formulario | contacto | donde" doesn't work.

Otros mundos is good, but you need more consistency between all three sections. Have links to the page where you choose one of the threein the same place and make them look the same, and also the "formulario, contact, donde" links, make them the same in all three sections.

CONSISTENCY is KEY.

Very well done overall so far, the reason why I'm being so picky is because it is good and it can be perfect, it is very elaborate
and seems thorough in its endeavour. Good work. Keep it up.

Odrakir
03-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys! It's good to hear so good and smart critics, very usefull.

demarts I've just noticed what you say about the pictures showing the wrong product. I don't know why that happens, but It has nothing to do with your OS, more likely it'll be because of my crappy programming. I have to fix that, maybe when you read this it would be allready fixed.

3dJessy Thanks for the tips, they may seem obvious but I must remember them. I'm planning to make a different first page, and yes, I have to put a link to download flash.

It took me a while to find the code so the swf fits on the window but the content is not scaled, is just a little javascript and some flash tricks.

I'm doubtfull about the menu, don't know if the thumbnails are too small... I mean, there's no need for the user to know what is in there, 'cause I want it to be more or less random. That's why they change position everytime you enter the section. This section shows products in no particular order, so I want to keep it a little misterious... don't know if I explain myself.

I would leave "1" highlited, meaning that the first image that appears is "1", and when image "2" is showing, I
This is GREAT!!! I'll do that.

And about the links to the beginning, I know is missing something, the web is not finished yet. I'm not going to put links to the main menu, but to the other two sections. And also I'm going to be adding the "formulario, contacto, dónde" (which don 't work yet) links to the other two sections.

CONSISTENCY is KEY
That's what I thought, but the client doesn't want them too similar, so I'll just leave some things and change some others...

Very well done overall so far, the reason why I'm being so picky is because it is good and it can be perfect, it is very elaborate
Thankyou very much!

Odrakir.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.