PDA

View Full Version : Hey , Should i go any further with my site or is it crap

swayz
01-29-2004, 12:54 AM
well im makeing a portfolio site, its all flash but but it looks like flash and html , the text is all xml loaded components on the left so they can be updated, but anyway im not so sure about the look of it and would really appreciate your advice...

check it out at
www.adamsummers.net

thanks

Ian Jones
01-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey its not at bad as you think. What you really need to do is spend a lot more time on your logo and title. That's what really needs improving asap. The animations are a little bit irritating, they just seem a little pointless and not quite polished enough. They kind of give off the feeling that they are there just because they can be. Once again, like your logo you need a bit more thought put into them.

Don't give up mate, you've got some good stuff happening there aswell. the orange background is pretty nice, I wouldn't change that or the buttons (except for maybe the colours). The coding is obviously pretty expert aswell. I hope that helps.

swayz
01-29-2004, 06:24 PM
THanK YoU , i have realy been hopeing for a reply thank you for that, you make some good points i guess that logo is pretty boring, i was trying to keep it simple but i guess i hit that goal a littel to hard. well i guess i got some work to do ,,,,

TheClick
01-29-2004, 09:35 PM
- -like a fat kid watches a friend eat a chocolate bar

why do you have to be dissin' fat people. HUH?

coCoKNIght
02-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Your site is coming along very nice, don't give up!

many people find it iritating if there's always something moving on the site they're reading. You could make the animation play only if the mouse moves or something similar. what' ya think?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.