PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Divided Mirroring for BlendShapes

wavescorx
01-28-2004, 10:33 PM
I got an e-mail from someone that said there was a plugin for Maya that existed that took sub-d surfaces, mirrored them and restructured them so they would work together in blendshape. Any idea where I can find that?

Just to clarify, my problem is---

I have a sub-divided surface of a face as a base shape. From that I've made about a dozen variations to just the left side...just the left eyebrow going up or down...just the left eye squinting...you get the idea. I was thinking I could then simply mirror all of these and I'd have the same expressions for the right side.

Well, I was able to mirror them but then when I tried to blend them with the left, disaster struck! Everything was inverted...I tried to reverse the normals in polygon mode, I tried slicing it in half a reattaching it, I tried scaling the x to -1 instead of using the mirror fuction...nothing works.

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do? I'd hate to have to remodel all these over again for the right side. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks for your time and I apologize for the long post.

-Travis

MikeRhone
01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
There are tools for doing that with polygons. Im not sure if they would work for Sub-D's though:

http://www.geocities.com/bazhutkin/

MikeR

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.