PDA

View Full Version : UPN's CG-Animated series Game Over Ready for Prime Time

FloydBishop
01-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I saw this today and thought I'd post it here. I had the chance to see some of the early stuff on this series, and it looks really funny. If you have ever played a video game, you'll probably like this show.

With production by DKP (Dan Kretch Productions) and some work by some of your fellow CGTalkers, it's shaping up to be a cool looking program!

Game Over To Start March 10

According to Toon Zone, UPN's Game Over, the first computer-animated television series to air in prime-time, will debut Wednesday, March 10 at 8:00 pm ET/PT. Six episodes are already completed. Patrick Warburton, Lucy Liu, E.G. Daily, Rachel Dratch, and Artie Lang provide the voices for the Smashenburns, a family who "must deal with the trials of living in an unconventional world filled with action heroes, monsters and fantasy characters, all while dealing with the everyday challenges of just being a family." Check out the show's official site for more details.

Source: Animated News (http://www.animated-news.com/)

Fasty
01-28-2004, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I've been waiting for more news on this show, it looks really funny!

erilaz
01-28-2004, 11:41 PM
I hope that gets over here!:D

Layer01
01-29-2004, 02:00 AM
i hope it comes out on DVD.

bentllama
01-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Does anyone here have any links to images or clips?

xzevlin
01-29-2004, 06:41 PM
There's a trailer at:
http://www.gameover.tv/

Myce
01-29-2004, 09:26 PM
errr correct if im wrong but that sounds awfully alot like The Incredibles.

FloydBishop
01-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Myce
errr correct if im wrong but that sounds awfully alot like The Incredibles.

You're wrong.

This was in the works quite some time ago. It takes place in a video game world, so I guess it's closer to Tron, if anything.

Have a read through the website and you'll see.

KolbyJukes
01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Ah, this company came to my school to recruit. Some of the students are working on this...Looks like a great show, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

sketchguy
01-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by KWAK
Some of the students are working on this...
*Eeesh* - it shows.

I'll pass on this one...

FloydBishop
01-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by sketchguy
*Eeesh* - it shows.

I'll pass on this one...

I've seen some pretty ass-tacular things from people with years of industry experience as well.

The show itself looks pretty good, from what I've seen of it.

slaughters
01-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Looks like it could be a fun series.

Unfortunatly most of the links on the web site appear to be "non-obviously" dead. You click on them and nothing happens. Only one of the "Clips" and the "Cool Stuff" link appears to work right now.

I also have to admit that of all the WallPapers available on the "Cool Stuff" page, this one has got to be my favorite:
http://www.stansight.com/tmp/GameOverCool.jpg

[Edit]

I take that back. This is now my favorite:

http://www.stansight.com/tmp/GameOverCool2.jpg

titaniumdave
01-30-2004, 05:35 PM
If its on UPN it'll probably be canceled after 8 weeks :)

Dave

Spankspeople
01-30-2004, 06:05 PM
If its on UPN it'll probably be canceled after 8 weeks

Hey, eight weeks is pretty good. If it were on Fox it would already be cancelled. =P

betelgeuse
01-30-2004, 08:36 PM
It's a great plus to have E. G. Daily onboard. She's a wonderful voice talent. I'll watch just to hear her. For a while, anyway ;)

notMyRealName
01-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Season3 of ReBoot! aired in prime time like 5 years ago and season 4 aired 3 years ago. Fact check=incorrect.

Uh. Sound cool, tho! I'm happy to hear of ANY project going ahead, just means more work for us CG peeps!

zappenduster
01-31-2004, 01:00 AM
maybe i dont get it right but would reboot the first cg series or is that whole first thing only meaned for prime time ?

lildragon
01-31-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by zappenduster
is that whole first thing only meaned for prime time ?

Yeah I believe it means sitcom and reality show timeslots, usually 8pm-10pm I think

-lild

Myce
01-31-2004, 11:40 PM
ohhh i c my bad, i missread it, i thort the family were action heroes but they just ordinary folk like us tryin to deal with action heroes an stuff.

And with the producers of the 70s show an simpsons behind it shud be a great series. Cant wait for it to be aired but knowing from where i live it prolly wont be realeased for years over here:cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.