PDA

View Full Version : Ltw Crashing when I switch to PSD???

studiomiguel
01-24-2002, 03:30 AM
Ltw started crashing on me today whenever I switch to Photoshop. I am running Mac OS 9.2.2, Ltw 7.0, and Photoshop 6.0.1. I've emailed Newtek, but have yet to recieve a response and thought maybe someone else might be experiencing this same problem. I did a clean install for Ltw and dumped my prefs on both programs????? Suggestions?

Michael

ambassador
01-24-2002, 04:04 AM
Well, if you really dont need to, just dont use both at the same time

sometimes programs dont work correctly when certain ones are open at the same time.

Chewey
01-24-2002, 04:12 AM
perhaps something to do with your graphics card driver or maybe memory or how you have it allocated. I run both on my old G3 with 9.2 and have no problems other than the fact that the mac generally sucks for 3D compared to my intel machine.

Bytehawk
01-24-2002, 04:24 PM
how much memory do you have installed. Both apps are quite memory hungry.

:D

policarpo
01-24-2002, 06:55 PM
there should be an update for lw7.0 to lw7.0b for OS 9 at the newtek site...that might fix your problem...

but i suspect that it's a memory allocation issue since you are on a MAC under 9.2.2.

lw and Pshop are very hungry applications.

have you run lw7.0b for OSX yet? you might think of trying that. i've heard that it's stellar!

btw: i've used 6.5b on the G4 with the 16mb ATI cards, and it perfromed very sluggishly. has anyone run lw on the G4 with the new GeForce cards? How is it?

good luck.

-policarpo

studiomiguel
01-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys,
Newtek suggested upgrading to b and it took care of my problems.
My memory allocation was very generous to both (psd 175m and ltw 150). Apparently it was some freaky glitch!
I'm running the ATI 32 vid card and am unhappy with it's performance as well.... I would like to hear others input regarding the new cards?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.