PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill 2 Teaser

Mwai Kasamale
01-28-2004, 05:23 AM

heavyness
01-28-2004, 06:01 AM
nice!!!

april is the month. dvd comes out then the movie!

Neil
01-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Quite possibly the weakest trailer I have ever seen! We already know she is going to kill Bill (hence the first movie, and hence the title), so why devote 95% of the trailer to her explaining that to us? And then cut to some very weak dialogue between 2 guys... and that's it. Wrap it up! We're done. Man, i betcha the audience just can't wait to see this movie now.

nerdhen
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
yes, that was probably the worst TRAILER I have seen. That does not mean the movie will suck, but crap man, that wasn't even worth the video footage. Would be better as a radio trailer.

silverstallion
01-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Tarantino has a different way of projecting things to the audience. If you've watch his other movies, you'll know what i'm talking about. Sure it wasn't a trailer from Spielburg (spelling?) or Cameron, he makes it look cheesy.

I can't wait for the next installment of this film because it gets aways from the other cliche movies out there. But of couse what makes the world interesting is humans and their different tastes.

Mwai Kasamale
01-28-2004, 02:53 PM
LOL, I didn't want to ssay anything to taint anyones view, but man, it sucked bigtime. Its just funny to hear it now that a few others have seen it.

Oupalline
01-28-2004, 03:03 PM
what the hell do you people expect out of a trailer??? Oh.....I guess you want them to tell you the whole story so when u go see the movie you won't be lost.

silver stallion is on to something. Tarantino ( not that i know the guy personally) but from his past work, he doesn't always conform to the norm. Knowing that, you CAN't expect a "typical" trailer from him.

i think that a trailer like this one entices somewone to go see it more than a trailer that would reveal more of the visual pr the plot( which we already kind of know...)

my views on the matter :blush:

CG.p
01-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Oupalline
what the hell do you people expect out of a trailer??? Oh.....I guess you want them to tell you the whole story so when u go see the movie you won't be lost.

No but the whole point of a trail er it to get someone interested in the movie it is advertising. If the trailer sucks that doesn't say much for the movie since usually trailers are made from some of better parts of the movie.

If the trailer is crap.....

Stimpy
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
the little wink at the end KIND of saved the trailer.

but before it was just horrible... i am tough and i am going to kill bill. i am tough and i am going to kill bill.. i am tough and....

ok.
we already got all of that back in 2003.

might have been a bad decision to split it up into two parts. though of course we are still all going to see part2.

Stimpy
01-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by silverstallion
I can't wait for the next installment of this film because it gets aways from the other cliche movies out there.

eh ?
isnt the whole movie one big cliché ?

Neil
01-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Stimpy
eh ?
isnt the whole movie one big cliché ?

Yes, thank you for posting that so i didn't have to :)

And whoever said that we're missing the point here, well i beg to differ. The point of a trailer is to spark interest. Show some glimpses of characters, lay down some various dialogue, show some environments, do anything!
Kill Bill 1 trailer made me go see it, i dunno if this one will. Especially since i was doubting hardcore from the beginning whether or not the second movie had enough material to justify it being 2 parts. If footage of driving in a car is the best they can come up with, then i guess i'm right.

Tarantino needs to come back down to earth. With this whole "if you don't think the can of soda laying in the middle of the room is art, then you're stupid and i'm just too artistic for you to understand" attitude. I'ts not that i don't "GET" the trailer, it's just that it's lame and boring and doesn't break the rules of trailers for any reason other than to convince himself that he's 'different'.

slaughters
01-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Neil
... The point of a trailer is to spark interest... Then in your case I guess it worked. Your interest appears to be sparked :)

silverstallion
01-28-2004, 07:13 PM
This is not a trailer, its a teaser. Two very different things. The teaser is just there to remind people that this movie exists. Its there to tell people "i'm coming". Whether you think the teaser is boring, then you missed Volume 1. It definitly wasn't boring. Who cares what the teaser looks like, if you saw the first movie, you'll go see the second.

Ejecta
01-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Yes, thank you for posting that so i didn't have to :)
Tarantino needs to come back down to earth. With this whole "if you don't think the can of soda laying in the middle of the room is art, then you're stupid and i'm just too artistic for you to understand" attitude. I'ts not that i don't "GET" the trailer, it's just that it's lame and boring and doesn't break the rules of trailers for any reason other than to convince himself that he's 'different'.

And thank you for posting that so I didnt have too. :D

I used to like his work now he is just a big joke.

erilaz
01-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Meh... regardless of it's Fat-Free content, I kinda liked it. I guess it's just there to remind people it's coming soon. "Hey, I'm still here! Killin' stuff! Whooo!" etc.

I suppose we'll get some more fattier chunks later next month.
:D

heavyness
01-28-2004, 08:47 PM
wow, i didn't know people can judge a 3 hour movie in 53 seconds, that's an f'in world record...

onlooker
01-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Neil. Obviously as a trailer it sucks, but as a teaser I think it's possibly a monumental idea not to divulge that much in second/last chapter being that you already know the characters, pretty much of the story line, and if you were into the first one and liked it as I was. I'd say that as a teaser I am pretty teased. I don't have a glimpse of the film. I 'm actually starting to think if there is a trailer I wouldn't want to see it.
I don't want it all to be given away before I see it. I already know it's going be a classic B-movie stylized good old american ass kicking. lol You gotta love it.

It's BRILLIANT! :beer:

Neil
01-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by onlooker
Neil. Obviously as a trailer it sucks, but as a teaser I think it's possibly a monumental idea not to divulge that much in second/last chapter being that you already know the characters, pretty much of the story line, and if you were into the first one and liked it as I was. I'd say that as a teaser I am pretty teased. I don't have a glimpse of the film. I 'm actually starting to think if there is a trailer I wouldn't want to see it.
I don't want it all to be given away before I see it. I already know it's going be a classic B-movie stylized good old american ass kicking. lol You gotta love it.

It's BRILLIANT! :beer:

Ok, so let's look at it this way. If you already knew that it was gonna by X, Y, Z without this trailer/teaser (which is the reverse of the opinion that I [as many on here] can base a movie on it's trailer) then what was the point of the trailer/teaser?
There is a larger public out there than us/you, which aren't fanboys and which actually need to be lured in.

Since I feel into the 'don't get it' crowd. Then maybe I will get it if you explain what the tease was? That she's gonna Kill Bill? Uh, no shit. It would be a tease if she was holding a piece of string and driving, or a hammer or something, then you'd say 'wow, i wonder what she does with that, i gotta see this'.

erilaz
01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Like I said, it's just to remind us it's coming. Those who liked it go "WHOO! SOON!", Those that were non plussed, or didn't see the first one, go "????".
I'm quite happy it didn't show anything. I'm kinda sick of trailers ruining the good bits.
It can't be as bad as that Aliens Vs. Predator one!:D

If you ever saw the original trailer (back when it was going to be one film only), there was a lot of footage from the second part in there.

But then again, I'm biased, because I LOVE this film.

pogonip
01-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Noooooo....that was sooo horrible please someone dig my eyes out with a spoone before posting something that bad :cry:

RockinAkin
01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
I think the people ranting about how much it sucks missed the point and are taking this WAY too seriously:

As silverstallion has pointed out this is a TEASER, not a TRAILER.
If it was a TRAILER, than I'd agree that it sucked... but its not.

A teaser is just supposed to remind everyone that this film is coming up in a few months, and that's EXACTLY what this teaser clearly did: "Shes coming.."

And you gotta love the obviously cheesy car simulator that Uma is in - it fits the nature of this film perfectly.

And this comment:
I dont think thats what Tarantino is trying to do with this movie - or any other of his films for that matter - at all. He's more of a hardcore film geek that has money and prestige backing him, and is using that to make films that he WANTS to make - he doesn't care who likes it or hates it or what kind of an audience he's appealing to - he's just making these films for himself and whoever else out there that might like his kind of stuff - and he's have a hell of a lot of fun with it along the way.

I think hollywood needs more filmmakers like him that can have the balls to have the "F--- you all, im making what I want to make, love it or hate it" attitude.

I loved it - cant wait for the trailer - and cant wait for Vol. 2

Per-Anders
01-30-2004, 07:04 PM
if you can still remember it, and what it's for, it worked.

ThirdEye
02-01-2004, 08:56 PM
@DBZ: Ditto ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.