PDA

View Full Version : Wacom gremlin

Dickigeeza
01-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Hi all

I notice when drawing arcs quickly (expressively), using the pen on a tablet there is tendancy for the arc to become segmented instead of a smooth curve. Its as if the tablet can't keep pace with mapping fast pen movements, it seems faster the pen movement the worse the problem.

just wondering if any of you have encountered this problem before and found a solution, I have a dig around in the software but can't see anything obvious that might solve.

Any suggestions welcome.

Rgds Richard

kleinluka
01-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I have exactly the same probelm in Photoshop. I get smooth lines in Painter Classic when doing quick strokes but in PS it's all choppy like on your pic.

klingspor
01-28-2004, 02:56 PM
It's seems to be a problem with Photoshop's painting engine, not much you can do about it. As kleinluka already pointed out, it works fine in Painter, so that's probably what you'll need to get...

Dickigeeza
01-28-2004, 03:26 PM
And I was already to lay the blame at the feet of Wacom.

Can you sort it out Adobe?

Until then painter it is!!

forum peeps Thanks your feed back.

adsky2
01-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I encountered this problem before...
and I believed Im an idiot when I found this :D

bumskee
01-30-2004, 01:40 PM
interesting, I was wondering what that smoothing was suppose to do. I just thought it was part of PS to go jaggy coz that happens in flash too. So I spent tremendous amount of time drawing arc real slow.:surprised

thanx for tip, adsky2

Dickigeeza
01-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Adsky2

Thats great, many thanks - does it exist in PS6?

okay so I ve never been one to rush out and get the latest up grade (working for myself - so never have money anyway), so serve me right.

I now have the perfect excuse to get this fabled CS thing I keep hearing about.

Rich

kleinluka
01-30-2004, 06:16 PM
this option doesnt exist in PS 6, which is what I use :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.