PDA

View Full Version : Scene: Sunset Heroes

Iris
01-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Well I kinda wasnt here for a long long time. I was impressed to see some awesome Works, they did inspire me a lot. Thanks to the Artists.

I'm showing this pic to get some critics and help what can be made better in this Pic. I did it a month a go, but it lacks in every way. I dont know how to make it better, maybe I should study more landscape Pictures.

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Studio-DL/sunset.jpg

callon
01-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Iris:

Welcome back! The more the merrier!

Let me say that I REALLY like this composition. . .I love how soft and light it feels. There's something beautifully ethereal about the scene.

The figures in the scene seem to mesh well with the setting and they are nicely done. The only issue I would point out is that, while I see that blurring most of the scene except the characters bring them into relief, you might have over-blurred it. . .Not sure if am off here, but less blur might knock it's appeal up another notch.

Good work! Keep it comin'!

Mike

Delarosa
01-28-2004, 06:43 AM
i'm just going to come out and say my gut reaction...

i couldn't tell where the sun started, and where the girl stopped...

sharpen up some edges, maybe color the sun a little more, and you've got my badge of approval.

jrwells
01-29-2004, 03:03 AM
I like the tree a lot. The one thing that bugs me the most about the picture is that the characters are both outlined in black. This thin black line is really distracting and unesseccary, especially with the level of shading that you have already used. And the fact that only the characters are outlined and not the scenary is also distracting, it alost apears that you created the caracters and the background was just an after thought.

Out of curiosity what program(s) did you use?

The only other major critasism that I have is the leaves in the foreground are a little hard on my eyes and make it difficult to focus on the characters. While they add a nice touch, the combination of the blured leaves and the bright sun add upto a difficult piece to look at for very long. I would suggest cutting down on the number of leaves, and take the blur back a little, but still keep the feeling of movement.

BlueJackal
01-30-2004, 07:26 AM
I realy like the feel of this scene, and the colouring of the sunset, tree, and the shade on the mountains gives a warm vibe.

There are a few things, the mist looks cool but seems weird for the time of day and the weater.

Some of the suns light on the characters appares a little off, the chicks sword and left arm mainly those parts look as if they would be shaded by the cloth.

The blur is a bit much in some spots like the dudes right arm and the girls left side, it's just the bulr trails off so far it almost seem like the characters are made of dust and are being blowen away in the wind.

The mountains on the right hand side look a bit blunt if that makes scence maby they should fade into the foreground a little bit.

For the amount of wind it seems there is in the scene to blow all those leaves and the girls hair around its a little weird the guys fring is staying still.

Nice one dude.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.