PDA

View Full Version : Matte/shadow in mental Ray

womaw
01-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi!

Does anybody know how I can use mate shadow materials with the Mental Ray on Max 6????

Iīd appreciate any help, thanks

fabriciomicheli
02-11-2004, 11:48 AM
I agree the question. How can we do tht? I'm making a composition with a 3d car rendered on a photo background.
In need to use a matte shadow material for the floor to cast the shadows.

Heeeeelp!!!!

jason-slab
02-26-2004, 06:05 AM
not sure what u guys mean? have u tried it? cause the matt/shadow material works for me!!

|js

stefan
02-26-2004, 10:14 AM
I am not sure if I do all right. But I have feeling that mate shadow can collect only shadows casted direct by light. That meens shadows made by light with shadow box checked on. It can not show shadow made by final gathering or other mental ray's indirect illumination method. May be there is other way but I use material override with white material and put all together in compositing program AF or PS.

womaw
04-28-2004, 11:46 AM
Very well stefan.

This is the problem.

But donīt have a direct solution? :banghead:

rodrigogua
02-19-2005, 05:06 PM
yep, that's the problem, which means the skylight won't cast any shadows onto your matte material. if you want this effect, though, you can use E-light, which uses shadow maps that WILL cast shadows onto your matte material

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.