PDA

View Full Version : Flower Girl

swadepgh
01-27-2004, 02:21 AM
This is a concept sketch of an image I want to put together for Expose 2. I know there is not much time, but now that they extended the deadline, I think I have a shot at getting it finished in time.

I have a half finished model of a woman that I used for the concept sketch. I plan to finish her head and face modeling and texturing, then create the flowers and leaves.

What do you all think of the idea? Please comment and critique.

http://www.studioswade.com/3d/flowerGirl01.jpg

Oh and yes I used the photoshop leaf brush...I just wanted to get my idea down quickly.

BClaw
01-27-2004, 05:00 AM
For me, this could be a very peaceful scene. I think she should have a contented expression on her face, a slight curl to her closed lips (or mostly closed) that show she is relaxed. IMHO.

Frank Dodd
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
It's a nice concept image a good idea, I would assume that the final face of the character would be more expressive but its looking good so far.

swadepgh
01-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Yes I agree about the expression. I would like her to have a "barely-there" smile on her lips and the rest of her face to be completely relaxed. I will be working on the face modeling tonight and will post a progress sketch. I found a lot of good textures so I think I will use those maps to make a collage type sketch until I have time to build the leaves.

Thank you both for your feedback. Please keep the crits coming. :)

rattlesnake
01-30-2004, 04:09 PM
i really like the concept, i think this is a very artistic picture, is going to be a real piece of art when is done so please keep updated this thread , dont want to miss any step on creating this piece of art,

swadepgh
02-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks Rattlesnake!

Looks like I will miss the Expose2 deadline for sure.

I have been editing the model, textures, and lighting of the girl. I modeled the base leaf as well but have not textured it yet.

Things are moving slowly. I thought I would have some more to post by now. I will post more in a few days.

swadepgh
02-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Finally I had a bit of time to work on this. The leaf texture is close to final but I have yet to write the code to randomly scale/duplicate/rotate and arrange the leaves. This is just a quick test placing some duplicates by hand to get the general idea of what it will look like.

The girl is not texture mapped yet but I did finally get around to touching up the modeling. I know her eyeballs are placed a bit off, but I figure it's ok for now as they will be covered by flowers eventually.

Comments?

http://www.studioswade.com/3d/leafTest00web.jpg

http://www.studioswade.com/3d/girlTest00web.jpg

Kanga
02-12-2004, 07:27 AM
Hello swad

Full frontal of a face is one of the most difficult things to pull off. I remember the the studio would resound with desperate groans when a job like this would come in :) It would mean making the eyes something special to carry the illustration. Anyhow if not for a competition entry you might try messing around with shooting the face from different angles just to see what would happen.

Greetings kanga

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.