PDA

View Full Version : Modeling workshop curriculum

mFlux
01-26-2004, 07:16 AM
*edit* basically I need you guys' help to see if I missed anything in my curriculum and see if anything can be improved or whatnot.

Hey guys. I'm teaching a two day workshop at UCLA Design for Maya. We're going to be going over basic poly modeling concepts for the first day, and maybe get into subdivision modeling for a little bit. The second day I'm going to be teaching character modeling with polygons, and probably a bit of lighting if we have more time. Each session is about 2-3 hours depending on how fast the students pick it up. I'm expecting the students to be about beginner - intermediate, and very few advanced.

Here's my curriculum for the first session. Please have a look and tell me if this looks okay and I've covered all the bases properly.

The Maya Workshop A will cover the following:

Getting around the Maya viewports

Primitives

Moving objects in 3d

translate

rotate

scale

Learning to use your hotkeys

making a chair with primitives

Introductory polygon modeling

triangles, polygons, and n-gons

the vertex, edge, and face

manipulating geometry

extrude, cut, slice, weld

modeling simple objects with polygon

box modeling (image)

modeling a tank

mirroring

attaching and welding

smoothing groups

Do you think that will fill the two hour session? I need some suggestions. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

laurence000
01-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I do think that this will definitly fill the session... unless they don't have a computer and they just watch you, but if they have a computer and make a chair.. then you have plenty of stuff... if at the end there is still time... let them try to maek somthing else... we alll want to play around at first

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.