PDA

View Full Version : Muscles...

Slick
06-26-2002, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to duplicate geometry (muscles) that is set up with clusters parented to bones over to the other side of the body. If that makes anysense, how can i achieve this using maya? I'm not the best with scripts but if it comes down to it I'd be intrested in hearing how it should work.
Thanks for your time,
TOm

Lyr
06-30-2002, 06:46 AM
http://www.accad.ohio-state.edu/~smay/Human/human.pdf

All you need to make a muscle system in Maya.

anthonymcgrath
07-19-2002, 01:23 PM
if you wanna duplicate a joint setup with the deformers and wotnot you could just simply try duplicating with the upstream graph switched on? this might work but just thinking on feet right now!

Slick
07-19-2002, 09:37 PM
I tried that anthonymcgrath...
good suggestion it does maintain all the cluster information and what not... but only prob is the rotations and all the transform nodes go the opposite way when i scale it over to the other side of the body. That was the main prob i had with it.. so i bascially did it all by hand after i mirror it using the mirror joint tool and then apply the cluster manually parenting them to there joints.
but thanks guys for your suggestions.

TOm

anthonymcgrath
07-19-2002, 10:04 PM
see what you mean. I'm just havin a play now, but I really must go home...its 23.05 and I'm still in this darn office!

-do wish they'd get this sorted. Its such a load of nonsense.

alternatively does anyone know of a script somewhere?
:shrug:

samhodge
08-01-2002, 11:42 PM
But I dont know if you know about absolute character tools, but its raison d'etre is muscles and skin deformation

at the moment the only version shipping is for 3DS Max

but development is underway for a Maya port

see http://www.cgcharacter.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.