PDA

View Full Version : 'Rings' Wins FOUR Golden Globe Trophies

RobertoOrtiz
01-26-2004, 03:19 AM
Quote:
"- Peter Jackson (news) won best director at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards (news - web sites) as the final installment of his fantasy epic, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," led movie winners with three trophies"

>>link<< (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20040126/ap_on_en_mo/golden_globes_33)

-R

Pixarman
01-26-2004, 03:24 AM
It actually won 4 "Globes." Looks like someone jumped the gun on that article...

Best Score
Best Song
Best Director
Best Picture

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Way to go Mr. Jackson and all involved!!

Pixarman

JB
01-26-2004, 03:32 AM
Way to go Howard Shore, PJ, Annie lennox and everyone else involved! you deserve it!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

leigh
01-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Excellent news :thumbsup:

Great to see Bill Murray finally winning an award too, I've always loved him :D

Cararan
01-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Lets just hope it can get the Oscar man that would be so cool. :buttrock: :buttrock: Congrats to them all.

aurora
01-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Best Pic!?!?! Holy beep, beep! I personally liked it best but seriously doubted it would win over The Last Samurai or the one I thought would win Cold Mountain. Its so good to see people looking past traditional winner types and at what really does make a great movie. I doubt it will pull it off at the Oscars, even though I think it should! As long PJ wins best Dir at the Oscars I'll be happy!!!!

Brettzies
01-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Here's my favorite line from the MSN article on the Golden Globes. Didn't watch em, but I'm glad they won:

Plus, he has to return to the editing room in the next few weeks to oversee completion of the extended home-video version of the third "Rings" installment, which will be roughly 55 minutes longer than the theatrical release. (It will contain several bonuses, including a scene originally shot for last year's "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" that features the character Saruman, played by Christopher Lee.)

Ah luv et. Over 4hrs + the other two extended films. Wow. Hope they put the scene with Gandalf and the Witch King in. I found it odd when the Witch King said, "I will break him," then nothing happened. Plus, they show some of that in the trailer?

Atwooki
01-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Phew!
Totally x4 awe-inspiring and well deserved :)

Ultimate congrats to Peter and all the crew :applause: :applause: :applause:

Atwooki

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.