PDA

View Full Version : album cover

mjdowswell
01-26-2004, 03:30 AM
Hello,

Iím a post graduate student from cumbria institute of the arts, ive just spent 6 years at college doing NC Art and Design, HND Photography and then finally the big tomalie - a BA Hons Degree in Multimedia Design and Digital Animation, I love black and white photography and am increasingly building up my collection, Iíd love to launch a book of all the best photographs ive taken...

Photoshop is probably my favourite software of all time, this album cover was created by using the drop shadow distance and size settings found at the top of the layer style window...

http://www.jdowswell.freeserve.co.uk/tsbcover.jpg

DreiGrasheir
01-30-2004, 07:57 AM
that's a photo? it looks awful CG to me. especially the light fixture. and that grafitti on the right looks like it was painted in photoshop.

anyway, as for the name, i'd suggest having it's angle equal to that of the rafter's above it and the design on the wallpaper behind it. you can pull this off by simply rotating the text (assuming it's been rasterized)

mjdowswell
02-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Itís a photo...itís the old derelict school from down the road, its not cg, but I do see your point it is a bit flat perhaps with there being nothing much on that wall.

anyway, as for the name, i'd suggest having it's angle equal to that of the raf ter's above it and the design on the wallpaper behind it. you can pull this off by simply rotating the text (assuming it's been rasterized)

yep it does need rotating slightly, Iíll drink to that. :)

DJMirage
03-02-2004, 10:39 AM
the copyright says debue album, i take ti that needs to be debuta album ? (looks better in your portfolio :D)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.