View Full Version : my site 80% done, need crit

CBN
01-26-2004, 12:40 AM
what do u guys think??

http://www.3dee.dk

dez
01-26-2004, 01:29 AM
Hey CBN,

Nice site you have there, I like how you made your links and pages reveal as layers of pages overlapping each other. Its nice and simple and easy to navigate.

The only thing I'd like to suggest are your links (to your work or to other sites), I think it would better if it opens in a new window, because its kind of fustrating when you click a link that loads on the same page as your site when the visitor hasn't finish browsing through your site.

cheers.
dez.

CBN
01-26-2004, 01:36 PM
cool thanks dez

I have noticed that link thing.

will be fixed asap :)

YerEvilTwin
01-28-2004, 02:24 AM
get rid of the sound FX. Set up is neat. I can't stand websites with sound.

StevenR
01-28-2004, 06:13 AM
More contrast on the menu would be nice. I can handle vertical text, but white on gray-green isn't the easiest to read.
Aside from that, I like the functionality of the menu, though I prefer being able to open links in a new window.

jrwells
01-28-2004, 10:57 AM
I completely disagree with YerEvilTwin, sound effects are one of the things that makes Flash great, and your sounds are very limited and well placed. Unless you are a hard core HTML guy, don't take away the sounds.

What bothers me the most is that all your files have to be downloaded as .zip then demopressed then viewed, a process that I am not always willing to go through. I think this is bad because you are asking people to go through extra steps to view your work. It would work a whole lot better in you could intigrate the video into the flash, or at the very least pop up a second window (although I am a huge advicate of second windows from flash).

Otherwise, I think the page looks nice, very simple to use and navigate. If the goal is to make your stuff easy to find and easy to navigate, then you have succeded.

CBN
01-28-2004, 11:31 AM
thanks for great feedback, the thing with the zip files will be fixed when i have made a actionscript that will open a progressive quicktime, so its only ment to be temp.

LittleFenris
01-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Nice site. Clean, easy to read (other than the colors being a bit close for the backdrop and text in the menus). I like the effect with the layered menus, very cool.

Mind giving a little insight as to how this is done?

CBN
02-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey guys thanks for all ur cool feedback, but i think I will dump the site and make an "easyer to update" html site.

So i will donate the site too people whoever wants it :)

LittleFenris
02-17-2004, 11:28 PM
i would love to see the source files to see how you did the folder effect...very cool. shaun@marshcopsey.com

CBN
02-18-2004, 12:55 AM
sent

Haifisch
02-18-2004, 03:51 AM
yo, great site, you think you could send me the source files? Thnx manuel@manuelvogt.com i would like to see how you did the site. Thnx - haifisch

LittleFenris
02-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CBN
sent

Got it, thanks!

Floriz
02-18-2004, 09:36 PM
The colors are nice, but it's pretty boring.. Nothing happening in the background or somtehing, no pictures, just plain text.. I think u should add some little graphical things to make it look more proffesional...

LittleFenris
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Floriz
The colors are nice, but it's pretty boring.. Nothing happening in the background or somtehing, no pictures, just plain text.. I think u should add some little graphical things to make it look more proffesional...

If you notice some sections have coming soon in them...I don't think the site was anywhere near done...now they have taken a different direction for the site i believe.

Troub
02-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi CBN,
that is a nice nav. you made there and a very kind offer too.
i'm very interested in that .fla to learn something.could you plz send it to me,too?
i sent you an email with my mailadress.
thx in advance
troub

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.