PDA

View Full Version : StarWars III: Footage Online

Edge
01-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Here's a first sneak peek at some action scene's from the final chapter in the series: Link (http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1371/news?item_id=3338937)
Or go straight to the movie (http://www.movieweb.com/media/news/01_04/e3low.mov)

Remember spoiler alert!

Icarus
01-25-2004, 03:46 PM
interesting.

its more of abehind the scenes that you would see on tv then anything else!,

ahh well...should be interesting good to see sydney being flash'd there :)

btw 200th post ;p

GRMac13
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, it's not really a spoiler. We all know that those two have a huge duel in the next film. Looks like some aggressive swordplay, should be a cool fight. I hope Yoda finishes Dooku off, too.

eliseu gouveia
01-25-2004, 08:27 PM
All IŽm really looking forward to is Natalie Portman on that tight white suit.
Although, with my luck, sheŽll probably just spend the entire movie walking around pregnant, ugh.

t-toe
01-25-2004, 08:28 PM
hmmm... well, I'll bet Lucas is very upset that this is already online, but I'll admit, I'm very upset with the amount of blue and green screens I saw in that footage... simply ridiculous.

WhiteRabbitObj
01-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Well, there ARE 2000 effects shots in EP3 and they have close to two years of post-production on the film, so you've got to expect liberal blue/green screens. Rumor had it, while back, that if George decides to do EP7,8,9, he's going to do them all digitally. No live action at all. Ach. He's certainly gearing his teams up for a project such as that though.

[edit]
***SPOILER WARNING***

I find it interesting that Anakin is fighting a bunch of gus in blue and green outfits. Must have a fight against a bunch of fully CG characters. That should be interesting. I also find it very odd how in at least one shot, one of the fight characters was in green and the other was in blue. I wonder what the point of that is exactly, maybe some sort of automated motion tracking later on.

t-toe
01-26-2004, 12:04 AM
yeah, I noticed that too... kinda odd. maybe they're planning some rotomotion like Weta did with gollum and that will help them keep track of which character is which...

onlooker
01-26-2004, 03:56 AM
WOW! I won't ask where that came from, but it's awesome! I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Joe2003
01-26-2004, 05:26 AM
I hope Yoda finishes Dooku off, too.

Not even close!

I'm very upset with the amount of blue and green screens I saw in that footage... simply ridiculous.

Such a stunning level of ignorance. I'd try explaining it to you, but why bother. Please, enlighten us all with your filmmaking and effects expertise! :rolleyes:

Rumor had it, while back, that if George decides to do EP7,8,9, he's going to do them all digitally

There aren't going to be any new Star Wars movies. Lucas already stated on at least 4 different occasions that he would not do anymore Star Wars movies whatsoever. All of this junk on the internet about a new trilogy is fanboys trying to cling to whatever hope they can dredge up.

There is talk of a TV movie or mini-series being made. But no more films.

WhiteRabbitObj
01-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Well Joe2003, I'm glad that you know exactly what George Lucas is going to do. George seems to do whatever he thinks will make the most money, so it would not be in the least bit surprising if he made 7,8,9. It took him 20 years to make the prequels, and people do change their minds after all.

And as for ripping on t-toe for being concerned about the amount of blue/green screening... people are entitled to their opinions, and if you're going to bust on someone, at least have the decency to explain yourself instead of spouting some vague crap about "why bother."

macqdor
01-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Spoiler

Anakin kills Dooku in Episode 3. And the Emperor defeats Yoda as well

two.oh
01-26-2004, 05:48 AM
the whole net knows about this leak now so im guessing there's probably a mirror somewhere.

i've been trying to get it for the past hour but it's still dling so im guessing the traffic is immense.

anyone have a mirror link?

macqdor
01-26-2004, 06:11 AM
http://www.cinemenium.com/backinblack/e3low.mov

still works

check out

http://www.theforce.net as well

there forums is littered with it

malducin
01-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Probably the diffrence in color is to indicate which one will be the hero CG character.

As far as I heard htis episode will have the most amount of constructed sets comapred to the 2 others. It's just that the footage shown is for sequences that require fuly VFX environments (via CG, miniatures and matte paintings). No different like when used in other films like the Matrix sequels or LOTR.

macqdor
01-26-2004, 12:49 PM
http://www.onetontomato.net/movies/darkside4.avi

Dual of the Fates Music added to it

commy
01-26-2004, 02:23 PM
ah it looks so horrid and cheap u can tell theres gonna be a deluge of wooden stiff acting again u look at any other vfx film with a big fight scene like lotr or even matrix and they always have at least some of the set build on green screen stage but nope george hasnt learnt anything from his previous 2 mistakes, cheese ahoy!!!

btw why whenever anyone else is asked about 7,8,9 they all say yes? seems to be just george which to me seems odd

macqdor
01-26-2004, 02:30 PM
How can u see a mistake in a 2 minute behind the scenes production.

these clips are productions clips not Post Production.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.