PDA

View Full Version : Fairies, Stahlberg (2D), (2D)

Stahlberg
01-25-2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/566/fairies_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/566/fairies.jpg)

Title: Fairies, Stahlberg (2D)
Name:
Software: Photoshop

illustrating a story I wrote . . . painted in Photoshop with Intuos2 . . . . two other images of mine go with this one to form a kind of series . . . .

OrcOYoyo
01-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Wow this is realy great.
great expression great detail.
i like the curtain a lot :)
´
Frontpage stuff i think.

Sas.hun
01-25-2004, 11:18 AM
This is very very great work!! :thumbsup:
Congrat! :bowdown:

Icarus
01-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Woa!

Thats Awsome, yet again u deliever a Real great Effect, The Expressions are Very Vivid and very noticeable. Great stuff!

lildragon
01-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Really dig it Steven, love the way you paid attention to detail with this like her hand indents on her persuers leg. The only thing that kinda bothers me with this piece is the red hair, it's too similar to the bed sheet that's already there, I was having a bit difficult time finding out where her hair ended. Other than that it's great.

{Plugged]

-lild

JamesMK
01-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah... Turned out as sweet as can be. Can't think of anything more to crit. You changed the pattern on the drapes, or am I dreaming? Turned out great anyway.

EDIT - Ah, you've added a pattern on the drapes... Explains it... /EDIT

Biped
01-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Nice scene!! makes me wanna see next frame.
Is there a story behind the pic? Thinks it tells alot.

Fasty
01-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Amazing work! My only critique would be that the girl in bed appears to be reacting as if she had already been stabbed, rather than acting as someone would if they had a knife at their throat.

McSpirit
01-25-2004, 01:24 PM
The table seems to be drawn in parallel perspective
Following the lines in red
http://frip.dk/lightwaver/jealousy7%20v2.jpg
I would suggest using disappearing points.. Shown in green
Beside that and the hair colour I would say it is perfect

Parrallel perspective:
http://www.brg4.at/waltergasse/lehrer/rundel_michael/funProjects/visiocube/c_parallel.gif
perspective projection (2 vanishing points):
http://www.brg4.at/waltergasse/lehrer/rundel_michael/funProjects/visiocube/c_persp1.gif
perspective projection (3 vanishing points)
http://www.brg4.at/waltergasse/lehrer/rundel_michael/funProjects/visiocube/c_persp2.gif

McSpirit All ways one of your biggest fans :buttrock:

Ac0rN
01-25-2004, 01:26 PM
wLaAhH :argh: thats crazy, why cant they lick each other instead , haha j/k , Great work :thumbsup:

mv
01-25-2004, 01:28 PM
This one is really beautiful. I like how your art is evoluting.

velinje
01-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Amazing work! My only critique would be that the girl in bed appears to be reacting as if she had already been stabbed, rather than acting as someone would if they had a knife at their throat.

Maybe she was asleep and just woke up, kinda choocking to have a knife at your throat suddenly. From the sweet dreams to a horrifying situation.

Love the expression. I can only see one wing on the farie with the knife, feels kinda wierd and I keep looking at it, but then again.. maybe those two ladies were in a fight before?.. I would be kinda angry if I had wings and somone cut one of them off.

Good work as always.. :cry:

Biped
01-25-2004, 01:42 PM
:surprised

DangerousLlama
01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
:surprised

ahhh the bedsheets are killing me!

incredible works you do...

McSpirit
01-25-2004, 01:45 PM
biped im not talking about light.

ehmdjii
01-25-2004, 01:46 PM
awseome dude!

didnt know you do 2d as well.

Biped
01-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Doh ! . my mistake sorry :banghead:

Atwooki
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Nice work as ever, Steven :)
An allegorical piece :shrug: ?

Just a thought - the sheets look too 'heavy' for the scene's lighting:
perhaps a more 'transparent' feel (allowing for the weave of the linen/silk, I mean) would help....I assume this is supposed to be 'silk-like material', because of the tightness of the folds)
it would also help draw the viewer towards the action/focal point of the composition, which is great :thumbsup:

Atwooki

monsitj
01-25-2004, 02:05 PM
one word ! wonderful !:thumbsup:

just curious , How long did you done this??

Pufferfish
01-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Great one! I like it a lot!

I really would like to know what is the story in it. Looks thrilling!

j2works
01-25-2004, 02:28 PM
i like it!!

Beaneh
01-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Awsome work as always. I always seem to fall in love with your characters :surprised

Hmura
01-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Great work once again, i really love the theme!!!

dsigna
01-25-2004, 02:50 PM
for the lightning and style painting It remenber me a "Corben" Painting... very nice.

dragonfx
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Well frist things frist:
1 being a fanboy: :buttrock: :bowdown:
2 :cry: when comparing skills...
3 criticise the 1 wing detail...

now and more relaxed :D:
can you tell us about the concept? Does it comes from a story you made or something?

Elianto
01-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Awesome!

I'm always surprised by your understanding of light and shadow... And I -LOVE- your girls!

:applause:

Stahlberg
01-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks! It took about a week to do, a bit more maybe, but kind of part time. Good points about the perspective and the hair color.

Yes, there's a story: these are two sisters. The younger fairy (or elf), the one with the wings (and yes I should add the other wing too), is the same one as in my other image 'One Last Time'. She was caught by the Dragon, and made a deal with it to save her life. The deal was to kill her older sister, the Elf Queen, and frame her new husband for it. She's always been jealous and envious of the Queen, so she wasn't that hard to convince...

The Queen is the same as the one in my other image of an elf with long red hair on a swing. That image showed the morning before her wedding to the Goblin Prince. (edit: or maybe the evening before, cause I like to think of it as the blue hour.)

This image shows their wedding night (and he's just barely visible in the background). Their marriage was supposed to ease tension between the two kingdoms of Elf and Goblin; the Dragon wants war, so he instructed the younger sister to use the Prince's dagger. He'll wake up in the morning covered with blood, horrified pull his dagger out, and be caught 'red-handed' by the Queen's hand-maidens. War will break out.

Rivendale
01-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Good stuff, I like it!
So you say you had reference for this? That's cool, but it must have been hard to find a girl with butterfly wings though.;)
It's not everyday you come across a scene in real life with two naked chicks battling it out in the sack, you must have been lucky.
:)
I really like how the girl is grabbing the attackers leg, and the dirt on the legs. Makes me wonder what she had to go through to get there. My guess is that she flew in through the window.
The lighting on the face of the girl that is lying down could be worked on more I think.

tabajara
01-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Another Amazing Work Stahlberg
:applause: :applause:

Giacomo_M
01-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Steven-

Looks great! Much better than I could ever do.

My only critique is that there could be more drama in the figures. It looks like you're painting over rendered 3D figures, and the poses, to me, seem a little static . I'd like to see the gesture *much* more exaggerated- maybe the attacker's leaning further forward, maybe the victim's head is thrown back more....you get the idea.

G

DotPainter
01-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Great! How about a title for the piece?

mv
01-25-2004, 03:16 PM
stop teasing us with your concept art.. now we want to see the cg fairy tale :p

Sicco
01-25-2004, 03:19 PM
WOW :drool:

I rlly rlly love the fear in the girls face. Realistic !

Sicco

Goul
01-25-2004, 03:30 PM
amazing ,fantastic,great.... as usual :thumbsup:

CGmonkey
01-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Awesome as usual! ^_^

But isn't the teacups a bit small in comparison to her hand for example? *scratches head* :)

anyway.. keep up the good job

LittleFenris
01-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Absolutely amazing painting. Since my lighting and cloth come no where near the skill of you, I have no crits. :bowdown: I'm always amazed at what people do with Photoshop. Is this image hi res enough to print? I'm always curious if the people doing these amazing CG paintings make them high res enough to print out and frame.

theRAIN
01-25-2004, 04:02 PM
wow so great
love it so much!!!

eparts
01-25-2004, 04:48 PM
That sure is impressive Steven!
The lightning and shading really took me out :eek:
The color palette is just brilliant. Great to see some of your 2d art aswell.

Zardoz
01-25-2004, 04:54 PM
awesome as always. the bed sheets are simply perfect.

well done.

(been playing some Need for speed underground latelly...great chicks there too!)

:beer:

BinarySoup
01-25-2004, 05:18 PM
simply beautiful, as for the technical crits I have none whatsoever, as for personal preference I would have liked the elf queen to have her face slightly tilted towards the viewer so that
her expression of fear could be more detailed, also, I would rather have had a blue tinted light source instead of the white one. this is superb, kudos also for what seems like a great background story, I really hope you'll do more pictures based upon this.

alexyork
01-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Photo reference?! You managed to get two amazingly hot women to fight naked on your bed?!

Maybe I should look into this whole illustration thing more closely...! :cool:

On a more professional note, excellent work there, as usual. Very nice cloth indeed, and the poses are very interesting. Your attention to the smallest details is what makes your images stand out, to my eye.

picksel
01-25-2004, 05:33 PM
:bowdown: It's wonderfull! no more to say!!
:thumbsup:

Hexodam
01-25-2004, 06:02 PM
:drool:

could we get a wallpaper sized version please? :)

peanut
01-25-2004, 06:05 PM
yeah!

a wallpaper sized version wouldnt do no wrong.

:cool:

PhantomDesign
01-25-2004, 06:52 PM
We can always expect #1 stuff from you :)

The only thing I don't like is the hair.

Ergi
01-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Very nice Steven,

few comments that i think would make the image better :

1. Shadow from the killing fairy in the sleeping ones chest would be nice,...say fex a shadow that starts from the tip of the knife on her chest and blurrs diagonally down on the sheets (the killers arm). I think that would be a nice touch
2. Maybe a bit more contact shadow on the hand in the thigh
3. The victim seems a bit overlit to me
4. A rim on the killers face and front hair would give her more volume,...just like you have on the raised elbow
5. I myself would darken a bit the bg

The rim on the killers back and thigh....is killing me, very nice

great work

xavier-marquis
01-25-2004, 07:31 PM
pfffffouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

R E S P E C T :bowdown:

no comment, this pics is the better i have seen since a loooonnnnnngggg time. Since ure last personal pic :scream:

5 stars

Boone
01-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I find this particular piece of work...rather disturbing.:surprised

Kel Solaar
01-25-2004, 07:39 PM
amazing!

Lance22
01-25-2004, 07:41 PM
Great piece, I love the mood! That girl on the right looks beautiful just from the small piece of her face showing, almost korean, id love to see a painting of her! :beer:

Your work is just so inspiring, keep it up!

DreiGrasheir
01-25-2004, 07:42 PM
that's pretty good, but the mouth looks strange on the victim. also, every part i can see of the assassin's expression just doesn't look right... kinda blank. The skin is amazing on both of them. the cloth and hair look good, but not smooth-flowing enough, a light blur on the edges of the folds would make it a lot better. the night stand looks great, but the cups on it look way too painted. and they just had to be naked, didn't they? I realize the girl is in bed, so it makes sense, but a naked butterfly assassin girl? methinks this guy has spent a few too many lonely nights in photoshop.

blindsleeper
01-25-2004, 09:55 PM
its a wonderful piece, however the leg looks odd where it meets the torso of the attacker.

sfx
01-25-2004, 09:57 PM
full respect master:surprised

nineinchneil
01-25-2004, 10:05 PM
criminy! that is one spectacular piece, steven! . . . i don't know what else to say. . . simply spectacular!

Torquesmacky
01-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Killer Work!! I almost didnt notice the wings on the girls back. Top notch!

Agent D
01-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I don't know, I think it's pretty much flawless the way it is (other than not being 1600x1200 res). I have no idea why this thread is a "4" rating at the moment. Lets change that, shall we? :p

Palombasso
01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
I think it´s great that you created an interesting sotry behind all this awesome pics....

Great work..but...
Anyway we could see a higher res version...I think some details are lost in the one you posted...

[]´s
Palombasso

Corto
01-25-2004, 10:18 PM
unbelievable....
very good.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matt
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
More hot work from Steven Stahlberg. Good job!

cache
01-25-2004, 10:46 PM
great work
:buttrock:
but: the cups on the table look way too small to me
maybe such little cups exist, although i have never seen small cups like these :)
bye

muyyatin
01-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Astounding detail! I would definitely love a wallpaper-sized one! My largest crit would be that the wing either looks like it's coming out the middle of her back, or that it's not her wing, maybe adding a slight bit of the right-wing would fix it, not sure. The cups and table need a little work, it sticks out a little. I like the glow on the sword-blade, while unrealistic (the light's coming from the other direction), it really draw's the viewer's attention straight to that spot, I'd definitely keep it ;) Awesome work, I don't know what else to say...

muyyatin

muyyatin
01-25-2004, 11:38 PM
May want to rework the right girl's armpit too, it looks a bit off, and really dark compared to the other shadows on her body (unless you want a hairy armpit, but I don't see any hair-lines there). I love your work!

muyyatin

georgh
01-25-2004, 11:40 PM
jebb.........thats truly amazing.......... really like the skin on the fairy with the wings............

ong thing that looks wrong........the size on the cups on the nightstand.....

karabe
01-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi steven, very good level...

I wanted to ask you why don't u do more tutorials about digital paintings on ur website. In fact, u give some advises but there is only one (very good) tutorial that shows how u paint. It would be so usefull that u do a more complexe tutorial!!!!

thx very much and excuz my bad english!!!

Tellerve
01-26-2004, 12:35 AM
The fairy/elf with wings is great, the skin and muscle tone is just fantastic. My biggest gripe really is that the wings IMO are too high on her shoulders and I would have them come a bit lower out from her back (that and add another one, which has been said).

But still a great piece. Congrats,

Tellerve

francis001
01-26-2004, 01:01 AM
Wow man, skin and fabric looks great! Geez you really do rule.

kodinaarian
01-26-2004, 01:18 AM
i just lost a heart beat
that is very stunning, two beautiful nude women, capable of such violence, good theme, what made u dream this up ?? and also love the way the drape frames the whole action,also lends the scene a threachery kind of feel. . execllent work.

flingster
01-26-2004, 02:33 AM
wow always love your stuff...fanstastic...

i hope this is not a reaction to a recent thread about woman in cg..heh heh.

what i really want to see is more of the right hand side of the image...dunno whats there at moment...probably intentional but for example...moonlit window..with curtain...the winged ones entrance/exit etc..whatever...leaves me asking more questions...how'd she get in...was she already in the room etc. obviously we now have the background to it...but before reading that its what i was asking myself.
fantastic stuff though ...big fanboy post from me..:beer:

coshey
01-26-2004, 03:05 AM
thats a beautiful piece of work! the drapery is amazing! and the sheets r sweet u have a good eye for cloth!

[msf]
01-26-2004, 03:12 AM
Yes yes, you have proven once more you are awesome. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

niut
01-26-2004, 07:20 AM
wonderful! a masterpiece, I like a lot!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

WChestnutt
01-26-2004, 08:00 AM
WOW!! very sweet indeed!! is there a wallpaper size?....

oxhido
01-26-2004, 08:26 AM
no words, since now just one of my favourites here in cgtalk!!!!

congratulations!!!!

ivan.oxhido

Garma
01-26-2004, 08:48 AM
extremely impressive, steven. to be honest I wasn't too impressed of the first sketches but it turned out just perfect.

your "fairy and snake" is still my favourite though ;)

olijosman
01-26-2004, 08:51 AM
great work! :applause:

Franc
01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Perfect:thumbsup:

dragonfx
01-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by m@.
stop teasing us with your concept art.. now we want to see the cg fairy tale :p

:cool: Yeah, M@ is right now youre obliged to do a 3D miniseries :D

Id love to see a fairytale miniseries on your style...

It made me remember the WoD:Changeling rpg sessions i played a pair of years ago... i loved em cause we played with no superhero characters, but regular guys´n gals that discovered that Peter pan wasnt that wrong after all :). And everyone acted its character... And the master´s scheme, making the light court princess child-like, but dark court in disguise, fooled us all until the last two sessions (two months thinking she was the good and the bastard was pulling all the strings!).And whats more we didnt saved the world (we were too clumsy for that) and now she has placed herself in a position strong enough to control europe´s WoD, just buy smarts and cunning!

PD: 1280x1024 Wallpaper!, 1280x1024 Wallpaper!

TIO_MATT
01-26-2004, 09:52 AM
One of the best pieces since a while
I really love this one!

TIO_MATT:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

CaptFlushGarden
01-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Extremelly nice, My favourite parts are the curtain and the thigh of the girl with the knife, I like how the different materials and I'm impressed by the clean"iness" of the image wich I could never do, I would love to se how you work!

BTW, I just noticed, the pattern on the leg of the table looks like a standing cat with fairy wings!!

Ha det bra!

John

NeonGuy
01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
first: Steven: you made a beautyful picture as usual. i really love it ... as usual.

second: (this is why i write this comment) it's for you McSpirit. i saw right that you linked some perspective tutorials for Steven? LOL it's very funny .. btw i don't think that Steven needs such learning material :) and i think the table is good.

elevationson
01-26-2004, 10:28 AM
nice, great subject, great comp, and a slick exicution..........

TuroAzja
01-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Fantastic work !
Great hand !

Wonderer
01-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Great work as usual, Steven, the lighting is particularly good, it was expensive to hire those models? All I have to work with is a wood dummy for pose, and random photographs for light.:shrug: :thumbsup:

heiesuke
01-26-2004, 12:47 PM
like i said @ Sijun i love it, i loved the body language on ur wip more tho. amazing skill u have

cermit
01-26-2004, 01:23 PM
wow....amazing

GARA
01-26-2004, 02:02 PM
totaly awsome
very old classic painting like :)

Stahlberg
01-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Thank you!
I think McSpirit had a point, so don't kill him... :)
I've been working all day today on a higher res version (3x larger) and fixing that perspective was just one of twenty different issues I adressed... I tried adressing most of the problems people have mentioned, either publicly or privately. It wasn't quite finished when I went home, so I'll post it tomorrow (or at least a half size version).

Those models... it wasn't expensive, it was free. It's just one of my friends. First shot in one pose, then the other, not in a studio, using normal houselights.

Genko3D
01-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Wow! Really nice!

Could you post some wires.. :)

Genko3D
01-26-2004, 02:49 PM
ahem.. i mean could you post some of your refs?

Regards

oxyg3n
01-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Nice image, I like it a lot.

Magnemar
01-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Is the hand gripping the thigh taken from one of the sibyls on the Sistine ceiling?

If not it sure looks like it... :)

Ruso
01-26-2004, 04:20 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ASCIISkull
01-26-2004, 04:59 PM
I absolutely love it... and cannot wait for the newer version... It's great to see the evolution of the character from her seeming innocence from last time...

ring man
01-26-2004, 05:03 PM
great work !!!
:bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jtk77
01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Now that is cool. I really like the suprise on the part of the woman geting stabbed. The whole scene plays out like trechery from a lover or someone played the other false to get close enough to kill them. I really like the fact that its two woman as opposed to the usual man getting killed by a whore/assasin deal thats played out offten. This is unquie and very beutiful in its own right. Great stuff. I was suprised it wasn't 3d, at first glace it had that look to it.

snowkiwi
01-26-2004, 05:15 PM
The fairy's figure is just marvelous: The deep red and brown skin tones, the wickedly nice body highlight, the overall realness, the torso - rib cage slight details, the shadow outline, the dark blacks and shadow, and awesome legs, buns, stomach. The dirt texturing is just great on both legs and emphasizes the highlight. Her body is very aesthetically pleasing, her whole body type is very pleasing. Love the blade's shine.

The only thing I would say is that her eyebrow seems a bit bushy.

Stahlberg
01-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Okay, finally got it finished, here's a higher res version:
link (http://www.androidblues.com/jealousyhi.jpg)

Here's the normal res:
http://www.androidblues.com/jealousy8.jpg

And here's one of the references I mentioned:
http://www.androidblues.com/jealousyref1.jpg

Riddick
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Really beautiful!!!
Congratulations and maybe you could become more known for your painting than your 3D!
:beer: :scream: :thumbsup:

Atwooki
01-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Beautifully lit, composed and crafted painting Steven;
It's inspirational to see such PreRaphaelite-like detail here on these boards in 2D.... Great stuff :applause:

Atwooki

AsteriskMan
02-05-2004, 10:21 PM
you own

Masamune
02-06-2004, 11:06 AM
I especially like how you did the angle of light casted on both female. To add, the shadow as well.

graybay5
02-07-2004, 11:38 PM
No crits here, I think its beautiful. Great lighting.:drool:

rmatlchans
02-08-2004, 12:05 PM
holy~~
I love this one..
I have been your big fan you will never loose..
I lily lily like this..

BTW.. are you gonna make this in 3D?

just woundering... :drool: :drool: :drool:

kaussss
02-08-2004, 02:36 PM
another great one by Stahlberg

cyrenevjacob
02-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Wow Great work. It looks like you got inspired by Titians 'The Rape of Venus'. It looks fabulous, though I would n't say a fairy could do that!! Great going!!! Keep it up!
:thumbsup:

onlooker
02-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Emotionally I think this is my favorite of yours Steven. I can really see, and feel the immediate rush of terror from the victim. It's outstanding. I didn't notice the wings at first, and I thought it was a recreation of a scene from Children of Dune. I didn't think I would actually see your stuff get get better when I found this forum because it was already incredible. It's truly a pleasure to watch your talents grow. (fanboy comments can't be helped) :thumbsup:

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 11:40 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Luthias
03-02-2004, 04:44 AM
I like the changes, however I personally like having both curtains, but I like the new design on the remainin g one. The piler still looks a little fake, I think its because the highlight on the back is too strong. but on the whole . . . DUUUDE, AWESOME. The increase of detail makes it stand out a lot more, and I love to have a poster of it.:applause: :drool:

the178
03-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Amazing modeling
Very impressive

ty19345
07-19-2004, 08:50 AM
amazing~
how can people make something like this~
so pro

Tilstrom
07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Stunning. :D

shi
07-20-2004, 10:38 PM
somehow the girl doesn't look right, the eye/mouth seem wrong.....
and the lighter side of the arm, the highlight is too smooth
my eye keeps getting stuck there.

it just looks wrong..

were it mine ( and i'm a lazy b@sterd) i would grain it up a little to break the smoothness and enhance the mood.

nice drawing

neozenit
07-21-2004, 05:37 PM
very nice work!excellent

Stahlberg
07-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks! Funny about the arm, I think I see what you mean now, never saw it before, now I can't stop... :) The pillar - many people see a highlight, but it's an internal glow, like a caustic. It's strongly translucent, like solid red glass with a frosted surface. Sorry I couldn't make it more clear (pun intended). :)

nacho_grande
07-21-2004, 09:31 PM
You are always number one Stahlberg :buttrock:

shi
07-22-2004, 10:39 PM
are the shadows on the curtain and the shadows on the characters supposed to run oposite to eachother?

ENIAC
07-23-2004, 12:04 AM
incredible work

ENIAC
07-23-2004, 12:04 AM
incredible work:bounce:

a hidden kitten
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I really like this a lot!! :bowdown: just amazing, everything is just so great

LowJack_Jones
10-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Very emotional. I really enjoy your detail, not too much just right.

Cheers,

LJ

bolchover
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I know it's a while since you posted this image, but I just stumbled across it and thought I'd add my view that it's great too :) My only other comment would be the figure on the bed seems a little lifeless - I think it's te eyes looking away from the other figure with the knife. She could be looking along the blade...

Mikier
12-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Nice...interesting detail.
This work is very theatrical....conveys unique emotion.

Goody
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
nice work, reminds me off a classical image of which I cant remember the name but it involves a woman using a sword to cut the side of the man's neck.

The man is a king of some sort on a bed and the woman is on top, lotto blood coming out of the neck. It uses the romantic colours too and is a very old painting.

Your picture captures the same curious feeling of someone coming close to death or dying, and also shares a background story as too why the fairy feels enough hatred to kill. I think you've pulled it of awesomely, nice and gritty. Awesome!!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.