PDA

View Full Version : blowing clouds

daysleeper
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
this is a spot I made .... do U like it ... any suggestions how to make it more real?

the spot (http://www.darklightenter.com/daysleeper/Oblaci.mpg) - 1 Mb

best regards :)

theserge
02-08-2004, 06:23 AM
I like it! Sounds works well, great timing.

Here are my thoughts on possible improvements:

-I like the the last cloud to go (the small one) the best, that one is perfect
-the first one and third one are a bit problematic to my eye because of the circular pattern of the ripple. It seems like it should conform more to the actual topology of the cloud. Maybe try shearing the cloud (clockwise) and scaling the ripple down on the Y-axis.
-the second one to go (the one in the middle) looses its opacity on the edges a bit too early it seems. The first one and third one dissolve from the middle out, but the second one looses opacity on the fringes before the riple reaches there.
-maybe the little floud in the upper left should somehow be affected by the second cloud going out? I'm thinking a blow-out suck-in effect that an explosion would cause.

Hope this helps.

Serge

Yo RoBoT
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
The idea it's very OK for me :)

i agree with theserge. and i also change the color of the sky, maybe i choose a more blue sky.

I think this Spot it's gracious and it's works... now I desire use this product to soothe my cough :) !

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.