PDA

View Full Version : Planning on purchasing, few questions...

hypronost
06-25-2002, 11:59 PM
Well,
they finally convinced me.
I used to be a LW user, some guy's convinced me to start using XSI.

One problem ,
I'm still a student, do I get a discount ?
The pricing for xsi is now like $10000 right ?

someone told me that as a student, I should get it here www.journeyed.com (http://www.journeyed.com)

there's just something fishy going on there, they sell it (students only) for $500 !!!!!
Should I thrust that ?
Any other suggestions, I am a student and won't pay $10000 for an app
Where in the world would I get that money btw.

any help is appreciated
tnx:)

y2mii
06-26-2002, 01:09 AM
Yep, it's true $500 bucks for a 1-year student license at journeyed nothing fishy about, only thing I think you can't do with it is use it for commercial work or make copies of it(no s**t). The license last for a year, but you can renew for free as long as your a student attending school, however, every time there's a major update such as 1.5, 2.0, and the future 2.5, and 3.0 you have to pay to to get. Everything in between(2.1,2.2,and 2.3) you d/l for free at softimage's web site.

I'm a student currently attending =]

BTW Journeyed and softimage will some time have free upgrade, so pay for one now, and maybe get the next major update free. I got 1.5 for free
:beer:

hypronost
06-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Tnx for the info.
one more question tough.
Journeyed, do they ship everywhere round the globe or just America, cause I live in Belgium.

hypronost
06-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Hmmm, onother thing, what bout that licence?

Is that a licence to use the program ???
Or a licence to buy at Journeyed ?

y2mii
06-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Well, In shipping rate pages it said they do shipping outside of the united states and canada, but they're other info shipping to European about VAT tax upon delivery.

The license you buy is use the program and not from JourneyED. Once you bought the program and installed it, go to the license program to generate a request code, once generated, go to softimage web to request a license fill out the info blah blah and send it. In a week or so you will get a e-mail from softimage with an file attach to it, which is your license. go install the key and boo!:scream: u got XSI!

Softimage XSi will not work without a license install into the license program that come with every XSI.

If you have question feel free to ask.:)

hypronost
06-26-2002, 04:34 PM
hmm, tnx,
So what if the licence expires, at journeyed it says, it's a licence of 1 year.
I've heard you can't use the program anymore after the licence has expired, is that true ??
If so, that's pretty stupid, cause I'm just a student for a year or to anymore, and it would be 500$ thrown away,

So my question basicly, what happens after the licence has expired ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.