PDA

View Full Version : photoshop and wacom

krispee
01-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi
i use photoshop with a wacom tablet which, on the whole, works fine.............but sometimes i get a problem with the pressure on the wacom.......i`ll be painting away with maybe the airbrush or brush, with maybe a 30% transparency when it will suddenly paint a very dark brush stroke, it may only be one stroke then back it will go to 30% transparency, maybe two or three strokes.............
i can`t figure out why it does this.......anyone else get this?

krispee

Ian Jones
01-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Yes this is a common problem... I can't remember if theres a fix for it or whether we just have to live with it. I just paint a quick line with the mouse and it seems to reset it somehow.

From memory, there is something that may fix it. In the Wacom driver options (control panel) you should try disabling double click and the problem may disappear.

bumskee
01-25-2004, 01:56 AM
yeah I have that too, but I htink mine happens because I press the button while painting. both of my button do right click. I just pick the brush again, and it seems to be ok.

TheWriter
01-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Yikes, I think i'll put off getting that tablet just yet...

apex
01-25-2004, 04:28 AM
:hmm: Not sure if this helps but... I use the Intuous2 (9x12). The one thing I was able to do, and not sure if this applies to all the pens, is I removed the button and placed the full-cover sleeve over it (it allows you to do so), and just use it like an ordinary pen, pencil etc... I hold a pen in such an unorthodoxed fashion to begin with, that using the button (essentially it was like learning how to re-use a pen after 30yrs) just made the whole experience horrible til I found out about removing and unnassigning the button. I have had to spend some more time tweaking the initial settings of the sensitivity but it paid off as I do not have any problems with a "heavy-dump" of whatever with the pen. It may be an inconvenience not to have the buttons on the pen available but I would feel safe in saying that the sensitivity and response is 99% accurate for how I work. Again, not sure if it helps but maybe worth a try? Just my 2 cents.

kenrem

krispee
01-25-2004, 07:48 AM
hi
thanks everyone for your help.....really appreciated.......

kenrem: you`re talking about the long button on the pen yeah? didn`t know you could take that out.......it has always been a pain in the butt for me anyway, i never use it, just use my other mouse with my left hand.........but how on earth do you take it out?

thewriter: despite that problem using a tablet is a dream......don`t even hesitate to go get one if you can, brilliant for loads of things, even using the lasso tool in photoshop is easier.................

ian jones: thanks, i`ll check the options and see what i can find........

apex
01-25-2004, 12:41 PM
krispee- Like I said, I'm not sure if this applies to all the pens with all the different tablet styles, but if I remember correct, it was one of the features that sold me on it. With the Intuous2, it has the DuoSwitch which allowed me to remove it. I would check through your manual to see if there is anything related to this. If not, email Wacom to ask if the pen is specific for a certain line of products and if you can order it (and use it on your specific pad). I know that I have a very heavy pressure when writing and that I have not had any problems with heavy dumping.

kenrem

catnip
01-25-2004, 03:40 PM
I don't think you can remove the side switch on the Graphire 2.

krispee
01-26-2004, 03:44 PM
no, i don`t think i can remove the button on my pen either........have found out that i have the intuous tablet(not 2) and standard pen...........have changed some settings, including the sensitivity which may solve it................or maybe we`re talking about another pen, perhaps the airbrush pen............

krispee

ouch, just found out how much the airbrush pen is............84.00 that can`t be right!

nervouselk
01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
could be due to the computer trying to catch up with the amount of strokes you are painting? IE slow processor, running out of memory.

krispee
01-26-2004, 04:15 PM
i have two pros and half a gig of ram..........mind you you are right, sometimes there is lag..........

krispee

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.