PDA

View Full Version : 3DS to XSI import problems

flushy78
01-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Hi,
I'm a degree student working on a short animation piece at University. We have XSI 1.5 and 3dsmax 3.1. As we've received no training in how to use XSI bar it's online helpfiles, I didn't feel confident doing my modelling work in it so chose 3dsmax, but, I preffer XSI strongly compared to max for animating.

My problem is that I've made my models in 3dsmax, and am having problems getting them imported into XSI to animate. I've looked around the net for 3DS to XSI export programs, and none so far work (Tried Pandemic studio's 3DS > XSI exporter and 3D Exploration, which crashes when I select export to XSI). XSI either refuses to read the XSI file that is produced, or presents me with a blank scene.

Does anyone here have a surefire way of importing .3DS data into XSI with the minimum of fuss?

Many thanks

fake3d
01-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Hey, take a look at THIS (http://www.softimage.com/download/xsi/converters/max/) !!

It's SI OFFCIAL! Now convert geometry (polygon or others -> polygon ), Texture UV, SRT Animation... envelope support "Biped + Physique" only, not yet "skin + bone". But that's okay! We've got quite cool character rigging/animation tools in XSI~~ :D

flushy78
01-24-2002, 10:22 AM
w00p!
Cheers fake3d, I'll give it a whirl now. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.