PDA

View Full Version : Animation: 2 Options

amo_77
01-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Hello all.

I've animated two endings to a brief character piece, but I'm not sure which direction I should take. Only the last couple seconds of the two are different.

(Sorry, only Cinepak playblasts at the moment)

LINK DELETED

LINK DELETED

Which ending sequence is stronger? That's primarily what I'm looking to answer. Both need more work, but the general idea is there. However, feel free to comment/crit on the animation all around, not just the ending. I'm all ears.

Software: Maya 4.5
Audio is January contest at 10 Second Club (I may submit, if I can ever decide which direction to take!)

Thanks,

Amo

Edited to delete links.

Pascaru
01-25-2004, 06:56 AM
hey Amo77

I like the WITH pet .. because the other character responds to it..

the right foot, during the first step, it goes trhough theground..
After the 1st step, it slides before it takes off.. check the tangents.. and again for its last step it slides..

other than that, I like it.. I've see different animations for this audio file this month, this one is one of the best so far.

good luck
P.

amo_77
01-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Pascaru,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate the compliment, too! I looked into the tangents on the feet and I'll change them accordingly. Good call. Unfortunately, I spent most of my time on the end for this playblast.

I got some interesting feedback over at 10 Second Club, so I tried a THIRD version. This one includes the pat but moves everything up a bit.

LINK DELETED

For reference, here are the other two again:

LINK DELETED

LINK DELETED

Let me know what you guys think. I'm gonna pick one of these sequences and tweak it up.

Thanks again.

Amo

Edited to delete links.

Thanks for the input, all.

Tahl'eN
01-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Definately version 1. Version 3 is too rushed and does not give Harry time to act, which makes him a prop, rather than a character.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.