PDA

View Full Version : Mirai Quads

DominikSusmel
06-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Hi,

Here's the problemo. It's not actually tied to Mirai, but...

When model is exported out of Mirai to wavefront file (only one of 3 that supports Quads) anyone has any indea how to get those same quads into MAX? With Maya there is no problem, but it seems MAX triangulates everything that isn't it's own native format. I also understand that MAX's primitive level is tri's (top hierarchy). It' not like it's a problem or anything, but neither via Deep Exploration or Okino I couldn't resolve this issue.

P.S.
When you model in Mirai with Virtual Mirror, then delete virtual and make a true mirror with connect on, what does it actually do? There's this treshold option, for weld I suppose, but it welds model perfectly. It's like some magic or something ;)

LFShade
06-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Can't really answer that second question, but I can point you to .obj import/export plugins for Max that keep the quads:thumbsup:

Go here (http://www.habware.at/duck4.htm), they're called obj2max and max2obj.

DominikSusmel
06-25-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks alot.

It works, but in a slight weird way. Here's how.
Importing obj file direct from Mirai causes an error that says 1 command not recognized. So, open that obj from Mirai in deep Exploration, resave it into another file (obj too) and then import it in MAX with obj2MAX. It works like a charm. All quads are there as they are in Mirai, and that neat plugin has rotate option (usefull for Mirai's and Lightwave's Axis-Up). Also, keeping the vector scale to approximately 1.0 keeps the scale correct.

Thanks.

LFShade
06-25-2002, 11:39 PM
I've never had this problem. What settings were you using when exporting from Mirai?

DominikSusmel
06-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Ah, well, with any kind of setup it reports the same error. Error is 1 unrecognized command, but with resaving file in deep Exploration, everything seems to work fine, except I loose all the objects names, not that it's that important anyways.

DominikSusmel
06-27-2002, 12:54 AM
I forgot to ask one thing. I saw that tiger viode of MK. It's great and all, but I was wondering about one thing though. He builds some sort of gas mask for the tiger. He sets up cylinder and lots of small cylinders inside, and then he does some sort of boolean, but I belive it's not. Anyone knows how he did that 'boolean'? I'm confused.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.