PDA

View Full Version : Adding a right and left custom camera

Gnimmel
01-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Is there a way in Maya to change the default camera's so instead of having a side camera, there is a right and left camera at start up.
I can create all this after maya has been run, but I would like these to be default.

Thanks,

Richard

MasonDoran
01-24-2004, 10:57 AM
they are under View/predefined bookmarks.....put them on your shelf and then add them to your hotbox or a custom marking menu.

MasonDoran
01-24-2004, 11:08 AM
ok...i tried following my advice....and although the bookmarks work....they mess with the camera....

this is what i use....just assign to your hotbox marking menu next to your persp/top/side menus...

it simply mirrors the currently selected orthographic camera....i couldnt get it to function predictably with the perspective camera...which is why it is not in the script.

---------------------------
flip Ortho
--------------------------
--------------------------

string $panel = `getPanel -wf`;
string $camera = `modelPanel -q -camera $panel`;

if ($camera == "top")

{
float $att = `getAttr top.rx`;

if ($att == -90)
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 90 0 0 top;}
else
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 -90 0 0 top;}
}

else if ($camera == "front")

{
float $att = `getAttr front.ry`;

if ($att == 0)
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 0 180 0 front;}
else
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 0 0 0 front;}
}

else if ($camera == "side")

{
float $att = `getAttr side.ry`;

if ($att == 90)
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 0 270 0 side;}
else
{rotate -pivot 0 0 0 0 90 0 side;}
}

};

Gnimmel
01-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I worte a script similar to this, but I was hoping that someone would know how to set up the extra camera as default maya camera. I guess not, but the script seems like a good alternative.

Thanks,

Richard

womanonfire
01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
there is a good script on highend3d.com
called SevenCameras.mel or something similar. adds bottom, left and back views to hotbox as well. it might help you.

Cameo
01-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Are they all named correctly as well? The biggest problem I found with the predefined bookmarks was that all the extras (back/bottom etc) appear labelled as 'side' in both the viewport and the render globals which can be confusing. I'll try that script out, hopefully it's not an issue with that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.