PDA

View Full Version : Disney Fires John Musker, Ron Clements

RobertoOrtiz
01-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Quote from Toonzone:
"Two of the brightest modern stars at Disney Feature Animation, John Musker and Ron Clements, have been let go from the company. Musker and Clements were the two men behind such hits as "The Great Mouse Detective", "The Little Mermaid", and "Aladdin"."

>>link<< (http://www.jimhillmedia.com/legacy/index.htm?../articles/01232004.1.htm~contentFrame)

-R

Boone
01-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Hang on a minute, Rob - did these two directors actually work for the Disney corp permantly? Or only just hired when a project came up?

Sutekh
01-23-2004, 11:41 PM
After recently having to sit through Inspector Gadget 2, Jungle Book 2 and George of the Jungle 2 (with my kids) all I can say is that maybe this is a good thing. These guys have obvious talent and I cant see them being out of work long. And the next place might actually appreciate them and let them work their magic.

Hell, I'm 38 and even after repeated viewings I can still manage to see Aladdin, Hercules and even the little mermaid with no problems... and even manage the odd chuckle... As for the movies mentioned above I could barely stand to be in the same room... I did actually have to leave during Inspector Gadget 2 it was so bad.

Good luck Ron and John,

Richard.

FloydBishop
01-24-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by RobertoOrtiz
Quote from Toonzone:
"Two of the brightest modern stars at Disney Feature Animation, John Musker and Ron Clements, have been let go from the company. Musker and Clements were the two men behind such hits as "The Great Mouse Detective", "The Little Mermaid", and "Aladdin"."

They should go down to Florida and sign up with Legacy.

keithlango
01-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Floyd Bishop
They should go down to Florida and sign up with Legacy.

Heh, alot of people'd like to do that. Hopefully Legacy's got themselves a good salesman who can go out and rustle up some paying work. Doing great work is half the battle. The other half is getting people to pay you for it on a consistent basis. :D

Sorry I missed you at the freebie Blur lunch today, Floyd. Rotten cold did me in.

-k

Breinmeester
01-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Is Disney comitting suicide? What are Eisner's plans??

daraand
01-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Is? no. Has? Yes.

pogonip
01-25-2004, 01:49 AM
I really don't get the whole not doing feature animation thing . I know how succesful Pixar has been but if Disney would cut the polotics and get back to it roots of good story telling and fairy tales it would still make a mint.... they needed to produce movies that appealed to everyone kids and adults... like little mermaid and lion king ...hopefully Legacy will pick it up from there because I know for sure feature film is not nearly dead to many people love and have grown up with Cartoons :hmm: ...hope these guys go over to Legacy and are allowed to do what they do best and that make great Stories

js33
01-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Maybe PIXAR should take over Disney. Buzz and Woody could replace Mickey and LionKing or whatever. Hehehehe. I'm laughing all the way to Florida to go the PIXAR Themepark.

Face it. Disney died the day Walt Disney died. He was the soul of the company and when he died the company died.

Then all you are left with is a soulless company just trying to pimp a buck out of it's past glory days.

Pixar proved to Disney that your company has to have a soul and life in order to create it on the screen.

Bye Disney. RIP. :wavey:

Cheers,
JS

mikkermik
01-25-2004, 07:14 PM
It's time for the second coming of Walt!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/059525425X/qid=1075057158/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6577659-4165744?v=glance&s=books

:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.