PDA

View Full Version : Joint Orient??????

donvlatko
01-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok guys I realy need help on this, I am in chaos.
What I want is next.

I made a skelet and than make a animation.

Now I need!!!!!

I have to frezz all joint orient to be 0 if I do that I lose all animation.

When I copy keys on new frezz skelt with all joint orient at 0 I as normaly receve very strange animation.

Can I some how keep my animation and in same time to make my joint orient to be 0???????????????

People please help!!!!!!!!!!

dwalden74
01-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Normally you should orient your joints before you do your skinning/rigging. I guess you know that now. :) You should be able to transfer your IK animation to your oriented skeleton no problem. The FK animation (rotations) is a bit trickier however. There is no real way of copying them between skeletons with different joint orientations. Here you may have to set up a skeleton with IK handles on every joint. Then you can point constrain those IK handles to the joints in your original skeleton.

If you need to do further editing of this animation youŽll have to create maybe another IK rig parented under this last skeleton that you can use to offset the positions. This would then be a workflow similar to mocap.

Good luck-
David

donvlatko
01-24-2004, 10:25 AM
thanks for the reply

Could you please explain little bit more this proces please

dwalden74
01-24-2004, 11:10 AM
OK, since the rotations wonŽt line up anymore, youŽll have to use positions to drive your *corrected* skeleton. So, take the neck joint for example: On your original rig, you probably animated its rotations, right? So on your new skeleton put an IK handle from the neck joint to the head joint, and point constrain this ikHandle to the original head joint. This way you let the ikSolver handle the rotation calculations. You can do this for your entire character. If you have already animated things via IK (like legs for example), you can just put ikHandles on your new rig and point constrain the ikHandles and the pole vectors to the original rig.

If you need to do further editing of the animation, this will get a bit trickier. You can then either bake out the new rotations, delete all the new ikHandles, and then edit the rotations, or you can have a third skeleton with ik controls parented under the second rig, and offset the animation with these ik controls. This is like working with mocap.

:beer:
David

donvlatko
01-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I have try that and skeleton keep the way with old one , then I try to put the keys on new skeleton but I got some weird result after I key two bones. I don't know why is this happening. For example hand is ok after I key but elbow look wierd.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.