PDA

View Full Version : 3D images from MARS! on Friday, January 23 at 10 p.m on CNN

RobertoOrtiz
01-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Quote:
"Miles O'Brien takes "NewsNight" viewers on an exclusive 3-D tour of Mars. The rover there has three-dimensional cameras, and we will present the first ever 3-D TV transmission of the Martian landscape. Make sure to get your 3-D glasses ready to experience this television first. When using 3-D glasses, remember that the left eye should be red, and the right eye blue. Tune in at 10 p.m. ET. "

>>link<< (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/aaron.brown/index.html)
-R

jackburton
01-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey, when did Chief O'Brien get a job with CNN. Oh well, he already knows a thing or two about space:)

dmaas
01-24-2004, 12:40 AM
I made about 30 seconds of new red/blue 3D animation for this show... (the rover driving off the lander, and the Pancam cameras turning around)

There are plenty of 3D pictures from the rover, now we have 3D pictures of the rover :)

dmaas
01-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Doh, I just watched the broadcast- they didn't use any of my red/blue 3D stuff, only images from the rovers :(.

You didn't miss much though, the image/color quality was not very good so the red/blue images were hard to converge.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.