PDA

View Full Version : Character: Lady Death

SeanE
01-23-2004, 02:03 PM
http://sean.sevspace.com/photoshop/ladydeath.jpg

Compared to the Mexicali pic I did from earlier this picture looks decidedly average to me now. Mind you I've been colouring it off and on for about 3 weeks now mainly because the cloak/cape looks crap. However if you look at the inks outlines I didn't have much beyond a few squiggles to go on which didn't help. (ok - so that's a poor excuse but has anyone got any suggestions how to fix the cape?...)

Anyway, I decided to finish it off and be done with it, so here it is.

Pencils by Carlos, and inks by Walden Wong

Comments welcome as always

Redsand1080
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Well first off I love Lady Death and used to read Evil Ernie too back when i was in High School...so i think it's awesome u chose to create a lady death. In regards to the cape i think employing more of the concept of chariscuro (however you spell it, tryed to used a Rena. art term there) or basically more extreme lights and darks. Since it takes place at night and is lit by the moon, i think some darker darks on the lowr part of the cape next to her body should be even dardker. Also the top part of the cape where it folds over and the red part if visible right next to the moon...the underside of the cape there should be alot darker as well, cause it should block the moons light...that would add alot more depth to the fold i think. Cause right now it looks as if cape folds over with a hard crease and a cape just would not billow in the wind like that with a hard crease, same thing w/ bottom fold of cape. So think darker darks to push the 3deminsional aspect of the cape...but when all else fails...use a reference! Good work.
-JJJ

Michael Chen
01-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Great work, like marvel style :)

peanut
01-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Totally ruthless !

too bad this got unoticed

:D

YerEvilTwin
01-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Over all it's very neat. The city scape in the background id a little stagnant though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.