PDA

View Full Version : New Cell Phone Technology for the City Dweller

singularity2006
01-23-2004, 01:18 AM
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/afp/20040119/bonephone.html?ct=8139.55122445808 <--- thought that was pretty..... strange, though interesting.

Clanger
01-23-2004, 02:19 AM
I seem to remember some years ago there was a walkman using the same principle.

singularity2006
01-23-2004, 02:26 AM
yah, I've seen quite a few devices that use that principle with other items. @ Fry's electronics, I saw a device that sold for about 50 bucks that suction cupped itself to glass windows and vibrated in a fashion that turned the entire glass surface into a speaker. I heard it worked pretty well too. It could be used anywhere practically since it was waterproof.

Similarly, I remember seeing a lolipop kids could eat that vibrated against their teeth such that they hear noise in their head..... that's really strange though, having the device pop noise directly into your skull.... I wonder what ur brain cells would say...

FloydBishop
01-23-2004, 03:06 AM
They've already had a similar idea in New York. I was in a movie theater when the guy in front of me started talking on his cell phone during the movie. The guy next to me offered to stick the phone up the guy's butt. I suppose that technique would work as well.

singularity2006
01-23-2004, 03:39 AM
hahahahahaha, niiiccceeeee!!!:beer:

Then his stomach would be talking... hmm... time to get up for some snacks.:applause:

Geta-Ve
01-23-2004, 02:58 PM
floyd: funny funny stuff man

but seriously, this is scary... hearing voices in your head was only meant for ...umm... unhealthy people... imagine walking down the street and seeing people sticking their fones to their foreheads...

oh wait i got a call, BLAM hello? HHHEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOO!!! lol how would you adjust the volume? and can you talk back through your head just by THINKING.. lol and what if those voices stayed with you.. and what about RADIATION!!! i mean its bad enough we got to stick fones to our ears but now to our forheads??

im scarred!!!:cry: hold me

kwshipman
01-23-2004, 05:28 PM
I used to sell cellphones for 3 years, and in one of our industry mags there was an article on what they called the "Tooth Phone." THe device was implanted into your tooth and the call could be heard through the bone just like this.

That spured on a lot of jokes like what if in the middle of sex you accidently called your mom.:p

Marc Andreoli
01-23-2004, 05:52 PM
can you hear me NOW ? mwouahahahahahaha...[voice in your head].

Calls are going to be expensive, about 100'000 brain cells a pop ?:eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.