PDA

View Full Version : need some crit for THIS model

rollin
01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
heo im working (ok now im nearly finished)

on this the last time

would be nice if you can say somthing about it

cya rollin

http://home.t-online.de/home/rollin/dawest/alpha-3d-1.jpg

zaidoigres
01-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, very good work on textures/mapping, but i think there are some proportion issues with the model. Maybe the legs are too short. Is it for some Counter-Strike skin? it would fit perfect. Good luck.

da_rock21
01-22-2004, 02:10 PM
the textures are great. looks really good.
my crits are with the model itself. the legs are too short as rollin pointed out, and i think you could have used a couple more polys in the ears to smooth them out. and the forarm muscle seems to be a little too close to the elbow.

but again the textures are kicka$$ keep it up.

rollin
01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
about proportions.. they are correct .. ok .. "correct" the same as on my refpic..

for my taste are the arms too long but the refpic says no (ok that wouldn be the problem but i have to keep the bone ranges from (atm. halflife-biped) and they say it have to be so

and thx da_rock but im rollin ;)

Abominable
01-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Can you throw a wire up of your guy, I'm interested to see your layout...Thanks!

rollin
01-22-2004, 03:46 PM
wireframe of model or texture-flat??

Abominable
01-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Wire's of the model would be cool rollin. I'm going to try and model a more low poly guy like this tonite and I really dig your style, it would be nice to see where you used your poly's...Cheers!

atenyotkin
01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Hey, great model! Nice texture work too. For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was Sam Fisher (SP?) from Splinter Cell. Perhaps because it's very detailed. Wha'ts the poly count? Can you post a wireframe? If poly count allows, I would add a bit more detail to the ears, because the texture is really nice, but it doesn't have enough physical realism to match the realism of everything around it. Awesome job though! What game is this going to be for?

BurrowingDuck
01-22-2004, 09:25 PM
arms too long. legs too short. that's it. the model and skin are simply awesome besides this

skyfinch
01-23-2004, 04:02 AM
I don't think the arms are too long. It's just looks like his shoulders are too low. Maybe if you raised his shoulders a bit, his arms might look slight shorter. Nice texture work, by the way.

Matt
01-23-2004, 04:55 AM
The arms look too long to me. Compare the upper and lower arm to each other. The upper arm looks too long.

He looks Arabian. You could darken his skin, and you'd have a middle eastern guy.

rollin
01-23-2004, 04:07 PM
heya thx all :)

sorry that i cant post any wire/tex atm bc. im atm not on my pc.. but i can post a proportion pic i have already online

the model on it is an old version but the only change i made is that the head is a bit bigger and the upper side of the west is a bit more flat

http://home.t-online.de/home/rollin/dawest/proportions.jpg

Beastie
01-23-2004, 06:18 PM
I think the legs look funky because you need to thin them alittle, they appear to be fat. I would play with moving the eyes down just a tad and rotating mesh/texture alittle so the eyes dont point down so harshly in the middle. Its hard to tell what race he is but either way his eyes should rest more parrallel to the ground plane on his face.

YerEvilTwin
01-23-2004, 06:52 PM
The texture execution is nice, but he has no linkage between the bicep and the radius. There should also be an indcation of the brachioradialas connecting to the humurous. Museles should span joints. The eyes are tiled in an odd angle, and maybe they are too small.

rollin
01-25-2004, 02:29 AM
thanx all for the help :)

Abominable : http://home.t-online.de/home/rollin/dawest/wires%20Kopie.jpg

atenyotkin: ive done something on the ears ;) atm its for any halflife mod/game.. but i would be happy if i can put it into farcry atm.. love the game ;)

Big D: lil baggy pants ;) no your right.. but on my old model the legs were thinner but i didnt liked it - > eyes .. update

YerEvilTwin: done my best.. but i dont know all the names of the muskles ;) im sure iv forgotten something

BurrowingDuck: think so too.. but atm i cant change..

skyfinch: hmm.. i think the prob is like burrowingduck said

Matt: no not arabien.. and i love bright .. extra-bright skins.. *sunisevil* ;)

for the moment its the last update.. have to learn for some tests
http://home.t-online.de/home/rollin/dawest/alpha-3e-1.jpg

pc is 2212

kleinluka
01-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I would work on making his shoes look less metallic and reflective... heavily reduce the highlights on the shoes, or get rid of them altogether. Leather doesn't shine like that ;)

mental-phreak
01-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Hai Rollin :D

i think theres something wrong in shoulder/neck section!

either the neck ist too long or his shoulders are deformed...

here is a pic to illustrate what the heck i mean :D
http://www.hipoly.de/upload/mental/mentalfindetskomisch.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.