PDA

View Full Version : Arcangelo Michele

stallion151
01-22-2004, 06:35 AM
heya fellas,

this is my first post of my artwork here, so be kind.
i made this in Maya 5, rendered with Mental Ray.
tweaked in photoshop.

Rendered (http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/arcangelo.htm)

it is of the Archangel Michael, from a statue i found at home.

Statue (http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/statue.htm)

kinda finished but still tell me if you see mistakes.

thanks
mark.
______________________ ______________________

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/both.jpg

kayniac
01-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Hi mark, sorry but i can't see your images, it says: "The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit."

stallion151
01-22-2004, 07:35 AM
okay, they should be fixed now.

Rendered (http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/arcangelo.htm)

statue (http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/statue.htm)

thankyou kayniac,

maydream
01-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Well,well,well,well,well! :buttrock:
wonderful model!

stallion151
01-22-2004, 08:38 PM
thanks maydream:), you are too kind. any other crits?

kayniac
01-22-2004, 09:03 PM
A very nice statue, must have been a hard job to model it. Nothing to crit from me on the modeling, but maybe you could brighten up your scene a bit, i think it's a tad to dark near the object, but anyway it's very fine artwork! :applause:

stallion151
01-22-2004, 09:31 PM
will do, can't do it at the moment....at work, but when i get home i'll post again. thanks for compliment

:zepedro:
01-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi

You´re modelling is very good on this statue, nothing to crit...
I like the lighting, althoug it can be improved... Some light from behind the legs, very dim, only to draw them from the background.

I think this image has a medieval church kinda feel... The bright lighting coming from the top, the dark corners and such.
This goes very well with this kind of subject, God servent fighting with the Devil:wip: But... where is the devil? You must put it where it belongs;)

Nice work

stallion151
01-22-2004, 11:18 PM
yeh i know no devil, i want to submit this for expose so not sure if i'll get it done in time....i'll give it a go too. what's wrong with angels fighting rocks

for the lighting what i did was render it three times:

twice with HDRI, from an extreme side angle (light side) and one from front on.
and another with just FG.

i combined the two hdri images, and made them greyscale. copied them and applied it again with different layer blends.
then put atop the FG, and coloured it in.

and then voila, the final product.
so i'll have to put another light in....jeez thanks mate. :applause:
:thumbsup:

stallion151
01-23-2004, 04:35 AM
okay, fixed it, but it still looks dark, it might be this different monitor for me, but i made it lighter....believe me :D

i'll try do the demon, but its gonna cut really close. back to modelling for me i guess.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcvnw/arcangel/both.jpg

brentsinclair
01-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Mark mark mark. I know your work. This is sub-level dude. You need more modeling experience. Better luck next time mate. :shrug:

stallion151
01-28-2004, 01:51 AM
ouch thats harsh, your lucky i don't know where you live...otherwise...you can imagine :wip:

....jeez thanks alot Brent, now you got me crying . YOU BASTARD!!!!! :cry:

brentsinclair
01-28-2004, 02:29 AM
There there mate. Hey ask dave if he will tutor you. Nar the model looks great. Now you need to do some animation. I will be getting a laptop soon, we should do something together and submit it to a festivle or something. Use tap man maybe?:thumbsup:

Varsha
02-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Hey,

Model looks okay, not bad. But, you could have made it to look still better. You have to learn a lot :rolleyes:
Comming to lighting, its too lousy. Do a lot of experiment using lighting.
Apart from that, ur model looks okay.

Ricky pointing may teach how to strike the target.
:beer:

stallion151
02-12-2004, 04:25 AM
for the lighting what i did was render it three times:

twice with HDRI, from an extreme side angle (light side) and one from front on.
and another with just FG.

i combined the two hdri images, and made them greyscale. copied them and applied it again with different layer blends.
then put atop the FG, and coloured it in.

and then voila, the final product.

so this is experimental on a level. The lighting was layered in photoshop, and then coloured.
This was my first finished MR rendering. I don't feel that i need to learn more about lighting (there's alway more to know), traditional lighting i feel that i have a very good grasp of.

but still thanks for comments, i still have a long way to come yet. but as for this i feel its finished.

psshh ricky ponting, what a drunk, he couldn't teach me anything i wanted to know, except how to get the most out of my drink.
i don't follow cricket much, only night matches, where you know the game has to be won then and there. not two weeks later and its still a draw. :cry:

Varsha
02-12-2004, 05:38 AM
Hey don't feel for that. Never mind. I know its how damn difficult to create that model. Its really not an easy one. I forgot to appreciate you for that model
:applause:. Just to comment or spot the error as you said in ur first post of this thread I did. You could win the reputation next time. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I'm going outa the topic.
Comming to the Cricket, we Indians are equal to your standard but, Aussies are too good in that. I've heard that our Indian team was thrown out of the game in the finals last week. GilChrist is the man for u.
Waiting to see you next model. May be u could model Adam Gilchrist. He's my favorite:p

:beer:

stallion151
02-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Varsha
Waiting to see you next model. May be u could model Adam Gilchrist. He's my favorite:p :beer:

:scream: hahha maybe, he's a fine cricketer thats for sure.

thanks for the crits.

costas
02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
only with the lighting part you need work

SJames
07-06-2004, 10:34 PM
That's great Stallion! One thing I could say is that the feathers on the wings seem flat. They look more like a bump than an actual model.. other than that, it's quite beeeeeautiful.

stallion151
07-07-2004, 03:58 AM
thanks SJames. its actually a box that have subdivided then hand placed so if they don't look quite right, its because i was getting tired of hand moving every damn thing in the model....the feathers and the skirt pleats. was quite a headache.

but thanks alot for the comment.

:)

paraplex
09-25-2004, 03:38 AM
very nice work friend....

can i offer a little suggestion tho? (i will anyway)

the camera angle etc suggests its a small tablepiece... imho i'd lower it and adjust the distance and zoom accordingly so that it seems like a large sculpture.. its not grand enough for its own good

Cheers
Lachlan

stallion151
09-26-2004, 11:11 PM
hey thanks for the crit paraplex, that is actually a very good comment and i quite agree with you. It does make it appear small and statuesque. I will try and change it, if i have the scene with me, currrently away from home.
But will post and update if i do.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.