PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Living Room / 12 hours light

:zepedro:
01-22-2004, 04:59 AM
EDIT - final versions: go to last page of this thread

Hi all

The following images are a exercise i made in maya to test mentalRay in various lighting conditions on the same room.
Here is the WIP thread:
LINK (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109035)

Since i cant spent more time on this images, im leaving them as they are... I could spent months in this test and still have a lot to run :shrug: Perfection is not at my reach :rolleyes:

Im very happy with them, and ive learned a lot about GI and FG. A big Thank You to everyone at the Maya Rendering Forum who helped me in my post.

Apps used:
Maya 5.0.1
MentalRay for Maya
Photoshop CS (for small color correction and small glow in the night and day versions)

C&C are very welcome

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/DIA.jpg

01-22-2004, 05:00 AM
http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/TARDE.jpg

01-22-2004, 05:01 AM
http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/NOITE.jpg

TuLe
01-22-2004, 05:18 AM
Brilliant...
Really nice light setup :zepedro:!
You could explain a little about it!
Put some wires and infos if possible!

Love the color variantion and the whole living room atmosphere!
Maybe on the lighter image the colors are a little washed-out, maybe a correction on the render pass...!
Very nice anyway...

TheGreenGiant
01-22-2004, 05:18 AM
Hi!

very nice. This should hit the front page. All the images are pretty nice.

:thumbsup:

kingouto
01-22-2004, 08:27 AM
How do you mean "perfection is not at your reach"? I think you already grabbed it with both hands. Great work!
The only thing that bothers me is the tv screen image that gets projected in to the room.
By the way... that B&O tv weighs about 100kg, how did you manage to move it for the night shot? Bhaw haw haa!

shaangfx
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
wow! :beer: so beautiful!

01-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Hello all

Thanks for your comments

King Outo i dont own one :cry: but i love those beautiful mass tv set beasts of B&O...

And here is a wire of the scene and some info:

- 2 poit lights (Interior) and one area light (exterior).
The point lights are only emiting GI photons, 100000 each, the area light is casting the light and shadows and also firing 100000 photons.
- My specs are: Maya 5.0.1, Windows Xp Pro SP1, Dual Athlon MP 2Ghz, 2 Gb of RAM.
- Triangle count is 177890.
- FG rays 200
- 200.000 GI photons
- Resolution 2000*1080
- Render time +- 22 min for each, the night one is slower to render due to the extra textured light in the tv set.
- Sampling quality 0/2
- dirtmap plugin for MentalRay (edge-shadows) used. This plugin ROCKS :bowdown:

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/WIRE.jpg

DZL
01-22-2004, 06:45 PM
i like this A LOT. great job with the lighting differences... it's cool to see this lit at different times of the day.

one small crit. the cactus seems to be catching some harsh shadows. compared to the rest of the objects in the room, it's shadows are a lot darker. it makes it stand out a little bit.

other than that, grate jorb.

francoistarlier
01-22-2004, 07:47 PM
:buttrock:

I love your lighting. That's so beautifull. The only thing I would work on a little bit is the TV. But that's a great job anyway.

Bravo

mathes
01-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Excellent images. Don't you just love mental ray?

My only gripes are the TV screen in the night shot, and the couch texture (especially in the day shot). You may want to play with the filters on it, to get rid of the artifacts. If it is a procedural texture, you may want to try converting it to a file texture, then play with the filters. This probably is not the ideal way to fix it, but it might work.

Soooo close to perfection!

otacon
01-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Awesome. The different lighting scenarios are a really cool idea. Im working on a living room right now, and this is good inspiration!:thumbsup:

01-23-2004, 02:39 AM
Many thanks for your kind words

mattconway: youre right, well noted... The darker shadows in the cactus was semi-intentional:D i was aiming for the noise of the dirtmap plugin, raising the dark values high to acomplish a better and richier surface for the cactus... Very basic shader assigned... lazzy work on that... :blush:

francoistarlier and mathes: Yes, the things that i would modify in a far future would be the TV set shading, the glass objects in the left corner and of course that moir thing on the couch :eek: .

One thing to notice, the backgrounds are the same image worked out in photoshop, not a perfect job on that, but ok for me ;)

Burkester
01-23-2004, 04:32 AM
where do you find this Dirt Map Plug-in? I would like to know more... VERY Well Done...a great test. Thanks for the advice!

:bowdown:

01-23-2004, 04:48 AM
Burkester: You can download it here

DirtMap Plugin Download (http://animus.brinkster.net/stuff/plg_dirtmap/plg_dirtmap.html)

its a great help on those corners:)

01-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Hello

Ok, i couldnt resist and modify some things on the images...:)

As i look to them, i have the feeling of something missing kind...
I tryed to correct some things that some of you pointed.

Ive modified some of the elements, keeped a lot of them and removed some :surprised
Ok, the Vermeer and the Hopper on the corner is kinda asking too much, but i like them, and Vermeer being one of my inspirations, i wished to include him on the discussion;)

I think that overall, the scene is better lighted, more evocative of human usage and better composed. What do you think???

Im planing to rework the other two images too, as i have time (sec-sec-sec-ondary work at the moment) i will post them.

C&C very welcome as usual. Thanks

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/DIA_NEW.jpg

otacon
01-27-2004, 02:05 AM
Beautiful. Looks a lot better.:thumbsup:

ken0
01-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Awesome :buttrock:

perfect, especialy this second try of "DIA" (Day)!

The only thing is bothering me is that logo. Put the old color on it!
hehe! :p :p ;)

kfc
01-27-2004, 03:10 AM
I like ur latest update.
makes me feel very much like at home.
very natural in lighting. the only thing i notice not so comfortable to my eye is the "smoke" being too obvious from the cup at this distance. maybe blur it a little and lower it's opacity will do.
just my 2 cent.
Great job.
:applause:

francoistarlier
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
like I said before : :buttrock:

I think your backdrop is much better now. I still think the tv looks a little bit strange (don't really know in what).
And I don't think the "smoke" of your coffee looks real. You should make it more transparence. it must be almost unsee.

the reflection on the ground is perfect. I love it.

really really really good job.:thumbsup:

01-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi all

Thanks for your critics, i agree that the smoke is kind of strong...
i will reduce is strenght, maybe in the top as it reaches the light it will be as it is, but at the base, yes, much more transparent indeed.

francoistarlier, i also dont know what is wrong with the Tv set... maybe its the difference in reflections, compared to the mirror, it seems like is falling forward??? I really cant say for sure, i know it is well placed in 3d, but visually...:shrug:

Im finishing the new night version, soon i will post it! After i looked to a few tv sets turned on in a dark room, i realize that previous image was wrong in many aspects... i made a few changes to is light projection and intensity.:wip:

Four stars? Im really happy you like the images, many thanks.:blush:

Q_B
01-28-2004, 06:29 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
FIRST PAGE! FIRST PAGE! FIRST PAGE!

I mean SERIOUSLY! This should be plugged!

When i grow up, i wanna be a Zepedro.

The last one is just beautiful!

Only crits are: smoke too present, night tv light should be much more faded, diffuse. Maibe try and blur the map u'r using for the light projector, and set a decay for it?

Oh and put the color back in the logo man! That one is a serious fault! LOL

Again, congratulations! Five star material, no doubt.

U'r the man!

unwrap
01-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Very beautiful. I like the first one most, with daylight.

01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi

Here is the reworked night version.
I think that it as a more serene mood than previous one. Bright and clean moonlight:) and less compulsive tv light!!! screening a view from nature, instead of some cumbersome news from the world, who needs that anyway;)

Hope you like it and, as usual, im willing to know your C&C!
Thanks

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/NOITE_NEW.jpg

Tigerdog
01-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Awsome work! Very inspiring.

mariana
01-31-2004, 09:03 PM
:love:
I never saw an image like this......

you must be very:drool:

the only thing....in the first picture the smoke.
I must say something....:p
ehehehhehe

:thumbsup: *****

02-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi all

Thanks for all your nice comments!!

mariana... and you said it very well:p :)
Nice to see you here, welcome to the forums

This three images are the final versions of this one, time to move on...
C&C are very welcome.

greets everyone

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/FINAL_COMP.jpg

otacon
02-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Awesome. They all have their own feel. Very nice.:thumbsup:

swag
02-09-2004, 10:59 PM
very nice mr interior renderings one of the best i saw so far - not much to crit the only thing that look a bit wrong to my eyes is the evening sun rendering the room is to dark or the enviroment in the window is to bright but its only a little bit you hnow

itayg
02-10-2004, 12:07 AM
amazing work with lights :thumbsup::bowdown: :buttrock:
all the photos are great. but the night version is my favorite.

KnickKnack
02-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Absolutely stunning renderings. Love it; Im gonna give it 5 stars, but I really don't like the exterior image from the later shots; It doesn't fit in with the rest of the image, and I think it's to do with exposure; if the inside is bright, then outside should be really bright; all to do with colour temperature and exposure control. Also, the first background image of the ocean was much prettier and less cluttered so it didn't detract from the inside.

Apart from that, stunning, well done mate.

SpaXe
02-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Cool~!!!!

The feel makes me want to buy that house to live forever..

Kreaction
02-10-2004, 03:23 AM
:bounce:

Really good lighting ! Your work is impressive !

Also like texturing !

Just one thing about your last post..;) , It's about the trees on the background, i don't really know if it's the scale or their direction but something looks wrong to me...just my feeling

you rock :beer:

bscott
02-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Man, those couches are wicked green! much too saturated, it's all i can look at. MentalRay's nice for stills, and that's about it. But keep at it.

scott

Q_B
02-12-2004, 04:34 PM
http://www.linhadeterra.com/alberto/Bravo.gif http://www.linhadeterra.com/alberto/Bravo.gif http://www.linhadeterra.com/alberto/Bravo.gif

Simply amazing!

gerem
02-12-2004, 05:25 PM
great work !

I love mental ray. Such a good render.

How many time for rendering this kind of image ? it must be long , no ?

jan_muentinga
02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
if you take a closer look at the BG image you will notice that the sun comes from the right side but your cg-light comes from the left i think...maybe

cheers
jan

worx3d
02-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Breathtaking... awesome work, Fantastic lighting!!

no crits... how could I?

wrx

whallz
02-14-2004, 06:27 PM
zepedro: just spectacular! i love that kind of "climax" on a living room, it's just awesome what you've done with the lights and everything!
cya

roborn
02-14-2004, 09:10 PM
:surprised

dam! great work! these last renders definitively look amazing. :cool:

i'm starting to get impressed with Mental Ray :drool:

Belo trabalho, z pedro! :thumbsup:

DenkoM
02-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Nice work very good, very close to realism, but one thing, In the second version ,reflection in the mirror shine too much i think

brogh
02-15-2004, 12:33 AM

Perfect Work ! I like those images and i wanna tell you that's masterpiece ... i will never understand how you have achieved those results with Mental ray, wanna tell me more ? :bowdown:

I've read about the Dirtmap Plugin .... but the link is broken :( any update ?

Br0gH

brogh
02-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I've posted yesterday bu t it seem that something gone wrong :D

AWESOME !! incredible .. how do you achieved that with mental ?

just a thing .. :P why you've changed the tv position in the night pic ?

ehm DirtyMap plug link seems to be broken...

In any case Good work Bro :bowdown:

Br0gH

Dj.Kopito
02-15-2004, 06:13 PM
Beautiful. I want this room.:bowdown:

Guybrush
02-15-2004, 09:41 PM
awazing work dude... 5 stars :)

bobg
02-16-2004, 01:45 PM
What I like:
Good design and modeling of the 'set'. Nice choice of colors sets a very specific style, particularly the juxtaposition of classic (sort of Georgian) architechture with the modern furniture. My favorite details are the positioning of the small props in a way that is appropriate with the time of day. (Pillows, mags, shutters etc.)

Areas for improvement: as was already said, the lighting outside should be consistent with the inside. Not just color but direction. Here's where photoshop could be handy.
It looks as if in one of these daytime shots, the sunlight should be coming directly though the window and not just have GI - radiosity light. The current daytime background/environment images make the set look like a soundstage set with no actual sunlight. A small point perhaps, but it creates a realism disconnect.

The Night shot seems to be lit primarily by the TV but the TV seems to radiate more light than is on the screen. Also the direction of the TV light on the floor near the TV almost makes it look like there is a light source over the TV shining on the floor infront of it rather than from it.

Constructive, I hope, but still MHO.

bobg

Joebount
02-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Very nice ! I like the different moods ! My favourite is the second one ! I would just change the sofa if this place was mine (Just the sofa hey ! I like the remaining stuff ! :p )

02-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi all

Thanks for all your nice comments!!!!

KnickKnack and swag i agree with you, i took some time to correct the background in the diferent versions, im happy with the way the background images behave in overall, but there is room for improvement... as always ;)

gerem i can't remenber the exact rendertimes, but i think that it was around 2h:15m at 2000*1080! With some work this could be optimized, but i dont have much time for trying it.

jan_muentinga you are right!!! I didnt notice this until now:D

brogh I will (when i manage the time) post some settings that i used on this images, as some tips regarding mentalray in Maya. The Tv is at the same place in the final version.
Right now the link is working for me!!!

bobg Thanks for the help.
Regarding the direct light issue, you are right, i tried that, as you can see in old version of the sunset one, but i like the serene and calm ambient that the difuse light had to the scene, and i was trying to make this images with that specific mood in mind...
If i pick this one for changes, i will try other more dramatic images.
I was thinking in making a destroyed version, kind of after a riot view... Smashed Tv set, revolved sofas and all:D
The lighting from the tv set is kinda of fake to the bone, but i didnt manage to make it other way...

Joebount as i said before, i will try to make a smashed sofas and all blasted out version of this one;)

greets

02-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi

Im working on a animation test with this one.
It will have 20-30 seconds duration.
Right now im struggling with some errors (flickering) on FG solution and the rendertimes:cry:

Here are some frames from the day section of the ani.

http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/ANIMA_WIP_01.jpg

And a small test of the beginning. (Quicktime MPEG-4 - 952 KB)

Animation test - Right Click: Save Target As... (http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/TEST_ANIM_01.mov)

greets

Shiao
02-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I like it !

Guybrush
02-16-2004, 06:42 PM
POWER PUSSY!!! :)
looking very good, booth the animation as the new images, i particulary like the render from top view, very nice...are u planning to do a day cycle in your animations?!... 1 more question...what are the time per frame render?

keep up t gr8t work

romeu
02-16-2004, 06:51 PM
SHAME ON YOU!!!!

those are just to good to be truth...

man, you just keep improving whats already perfect...

but hey!!! wait a minut, i have a crit... eheheh...

weres the cream of your cofee???? you have no excuses.....:p

now seriously :bowdown: this is realy great!
congratulations

Kel Solaar
02-16-2004, 07:17 PM
The lightning is very well done! good job :)

brogh
02-16-2004, 10:12 PM
I read your answer, and wiev the movie
:beer:

GREAT !!

:bounce: really really cool !

McSpirit
02-16-2004, 10:49 PM
the napkin isnt quite in place but beside that perfect. :love:

otacon
02-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Animation looks good. You should have it go from day to night, that would be cool.:thumbsup:

Tuga_3D
02-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Great job, getting better each time.
damm nice video.

limkinkwan
02-17-2004, 10:45 AM
:thumbsup: job
:thumbsup: skill
:thumbsup: everything

Chappo
02-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Like i said before, your work is EXCELLENT ! :buttrock:

Hopefully you can find some time to make a tutorial for us :)

02-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi all :)

Here is another test in animation (Quicktime MPEG-4 - 6,57 Mb)
this one as a few more shots (around 20 seconds).
Im still having some problems with FG flickering as you can see in some frames :cry:
Working on that!!
I dont have much machine time for rendering this one, but i will try to finnish it soon and post it :shrug:

C&C welcome

greets

Animation test - Right Click: Save Target As... (http://www.3dsign.pt/CGTALK/ZEPEDRO/LIVING/TEST_ANIM_02.mov)

Guybrush
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello zepedro, the new shoots are looking gr8t, altough i think u hav some probs. the FG flicker u already mentioned, the sofa bump is looking very big in the shoot from the side, and perhaps u should try to give some life, perhaps give a little motion to the plant in the shoot @ the side of sofa

apart from that points...awesome work :thumbsup:

Q_B
02-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Aha ... now i finally could see it!

Here goes my comments:

1: "In the beggining, there was nothing... then came the light"
Well, if you are just making an opening, kinda like a fade-in, cool, but if you'r simulating how a cam would operate, you probably would have more light on the no-sunlight scene. It's all about adjusting the cam's diaphragm, (lol that sounds weird), bet u'd get even a bit of residual ambient light.

2: Don't let that slow zoom finish, mix it to the next one before it ends. BTW zoom $uck$ :)

3: Can't say that i like that next shot. Ultra-steep is very hard to work, and rarely works in conjunction with other cam moves. At least try not to pivot the cam, make a slow travel/dolly instead?
And i'd definitely put the target a lill bit up ... it's too mcuh steep for a moving plan, mainly cos it's a short space

4: The mix between the previous shot and the ascending near the picture/mirror is too small and quick. Make it slower. Anyways it may never be too harmonic cos the shots are substantialy diferent from eachother

5: At last, the last shot is too short:) Maibe if u keep the last frame still for longer?

Being a test, i guess your aim was to understand what cam moves worked best. In my opinion, slow travels/dollys work best for this scene. And some "amors" eheheh pardon my french. Have u tried that?

Keep it up man! With a light like this, ur scene has all it needs to be greatly depicted! :beer:

bobg
02-20-2004, 02:45 PM

I wont make comments on the length of shots or the speed since I assume the brevity was for the purpose of the testing.

I like the almost 'blown out' light of the opening shot as well as the volumetric streaming. Its like walking out of a movie theatre in broad daylight.

My main concern is the second shot which looks like a zoom done in compositing rather than a dolly or lens zoom. I've used this type of method in compositing when there's no time left during post. It always bothers me and stands out (of course I may be oversensitive to it.)

The flickering in shot 4 is somthing that I'm also assuming that your working on since its already been mentioned. I also agree about some additional subtle movement of fabric or plants due to a draft.

I think this is going to be a beautiful final work based on whats there so far.

super
02-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by :zepedro:
Hello all

Thanks for your comments

King Outo i dont own one :cry: but i love those beautiful mass tv set beasts of B&O...

And here is a wire of the scene and some info:

- 2 poit lights (Interior) and one area light (exterior).
The point lights are only emiting GI photons, 100000 each, the area light is casting the light and shadows and also firing 100000 photons.
- My specs are: Maya 5.0.1, Windows Xp Pro SP1, Dual Athlon MP 2Ghz, 2 Gb of RAM.
- Triangle count is 177890.
- FG rays 200
- 200.000 GI photons
- Resolution 2000*1080
- Render time +- 22 min for each, the night one is slower to render due to the extra textured light in the tv set.
- Sampling quality 0/2
- dirtmap plugin for MentalRay (edge-shadows) used. This plugin ROCKS :bowdown:

nice pictures!!!
and also thanks your mentalray setting information.
it is great just only take +-22min to render sence.

lapinbily
03-11-2004, 11:05 PM
yeah thanx for the mental ray infos these things are really hard to guess and it takes quite some time to get them right :thumbsup:

torbjorn
03-11-2004, 11:28 PM
This is insane!!! Nice work...The night image, i get a Monsters Inc. kinda feeling...i think it's something about the soft shadows or so...But HEY - that's a good thing, right?!!!

Another thing - the small 800k animation - the light comes in and it gets brighter, then, at it's brightest peak, it gets a tad darker...WHY? Make the sun come in, and no special brightness/contrast mumbo-jumbo...or, am i wrong about the weird light-peak?? For all of you who don't know what i talk about - it's like a flash...

Have a nice day!!

sebast1an2
03-18-2004, 11:29 AM
damn! the animation is really nice!!!

..the only thing is that this was done with cheats beacause the actual maya implemetation doesn't work well...

Ketka
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
VERY Well Done! :rolleyes:

Guybrush
03-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by sebast1an2
damn! the animation is really nice!!!

..the only thing is that this was done with cheats beacause the actual maya implemetation doesn't work well...

i always tought 3d CG was about cheating to get the result we wanted...perhaps im missing the button " render pretty image "

Q_B
03-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh no!

And he strikes again!

Man, the name is not "cheats", it's techniques.

Lol!

sebast1an2
03-21-2004, 05:12 PM
..sorry..

sebast1an2
03-21-2004, 05:22 PM
..what the $%&/???...

sebast1an2
03-21-2004, 05:27 PM
yeah!! you're right...its "ONLY" a technique!!

..and mental ray, probably the best gi-rendering system on the market, next to some "push a button solutions" like insight, finalrender, vray etc. for 3dsmax, needs this "techniques".. ..so we maya users have to use "dirty tricks" to get images like insight..

...i don't know, but after some months of trial n error testing, i guess there is something wrong in the current maya implementation... any suggestions?

Guybrush
03-21-2004, 09:18 PM
yeah!! you're right...its "ONLY" a technique!!

..and mental ray, probably the best gi-rendering system on the market, next to some "push a button solutions" like insight, finalrender, vray etc. for 3dsmax, needs this "techniques".. ..so we maya users have to use "dirty tricks" to get images like insight..

...i don't know, but after some months of trial n error testing, i guess there is something wrong in the current maya implementation... any suggestions?

i suggest u to change to 3dsmax and use thoose plugins...anyway i dont understand why i dont see more amazing work with so many "push a button solutions" programs on the market

Lara
03-21-2004, 09:21 PM
I love it!! Good work.

sebast1an2
03-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Guybrush
i suggest u to change to 3dsmax and use thoose plugins...anyway i dont understand why i dont see more amazing work with so many "push a button solutions" programs on the market

yeah, i like guys like you.. 2nd class quality with the best rendering system on the market, but nevertheless happy..

http://www.integra.co.jp/insight/images/e30001.jpg
-do you see any dirtmap shadows?

Guybrush
03-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Whoo...finally wer able to see something created by u after so many crits to other ppl work...or it isnt your work, and its another stolen example from someone hard work!?!?

btw... that image doesnt prove ur point...shouldnt be here...and is not perfect

Q_B
03-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey ... so there is a "push a button" solution? Damn! And i missed it all this years!

Could u please point it out to me? Wich one?
Cos surely none of the above mentioned fits.

And dirtmap has nothing to do with maya/max ... dumbness ... tsc tsc ... its applicable in both ...

btw, sebastian, i'm really thrilled ... so, doesn't the so called "nuclear blast" bothers you after all? Is it dirtmap now? Or both? And when will you finally stop winning about in other people's threads with such unopinated critics and start doing something for yourself?

You see, one can give you credit when you judge other's work as 2nd class, WHEN and IF you prove yourself worth of it.

Grow up.

techart
03-22-2004, 11:03 AM
nice job dude ..verry whell done....

simply love the renders...amazing

sebast1an2
03-22-2004, 11:20 AM
yeah, i like guys like you.. 2nd class quality with the best rendering system on the market, but nevertheless happy..

guys, I'm only annoyed about this bad mental ray implementation.. annoyed to have to use this dirtmap shader (a technique to replace gi, not to enhance gi!) additional to gi and finalgathering to get such images.. nothing more.. it's not about "my skills" or "hoho, bad work here!" because I said that I really like these works..

I don't know why you like to misunderstood me ..but my critic was only against the current possibilities and that no one is annoyed to have to use this dirtmap cheats with the current mental ray implementation...

Q_B
03-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Sebast1an2:

If you're annoyed with the mental ray implementation in Maya or whatever other thing you're annoyed, start a thread about that and stop, once and for all, to bring it to where it has no place.

We don't like to misunderstand you, at least i speak for myself, but the words are yours. Maibe you need to express yourself better. Again, not here, start a thread about the subject of your complaints.

And, as it looks like, yeah, no one is annoyed to use dirtmap, or see it being used ... it's just one more possibility ...

If you don't like cheats , quit 3d and start filming ... even there you'll understand the need for "cheats".

Really, man, start a thread! I promisse i'll contribute.

sebast1an2
03-22-2004, 04:23 PM
wow, it's like magic.. the guy from integra has added his name to his image;)

Galina
03-22-2004, 04:39 PM
wow, it's like magic.. the guy from integra has added his name to his image;)

No magic. I just noticed some traffic to Integra site from this forum. So checked the message. I would like it was clear whose image was 'cited' here and which software produced it.

The image was taken from InSight's gallery:

http://www.integra.jp/insight/gallery.htm

The image was rendered with InSight and the author of the image is Tony Morev - our user from States.

all the best,
Galina

kicit
03-22-2004, 08:44 PM
what a awesome work, me also trying to make some interior room using GI n FG. But din really get it nicely, got any tips for me for refers when setting the FG using maya???

brogh
05-17-2004, 10:54 PM
zepedro i love those images, i found very little reference of the usage of dirtmap within maya, can you post some links or how you've done this ??

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.